E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Frosted Eyebrows

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011 | 09:01 AM
Members

My Ride: Cars:2005 545iMods:Carbon Filter Removal, Interior Ultimate LED upgrade from HBP

Hey guys, so I was a little bored today and decided to try refinishing my headlights so they didnt have small rock chips in them. What i ended up was frosted eyebrows. I think they look pretty unique, and they kinda look like the newer headlights with the matte white eyebrows. This is really easy to do, and completely reversible. All you need is some 800 grit sandpaper, some tape to mark your lines, and some tire wet to seal it (this is the same stuff they give you in headlight refinishing kits to seal). I posted some pictures, tell me what you think.

Frosted Eyebrows-dsc00244.jpg

Frosted Eyebrows-dsc00246.jpg

Frosted Eyebrows-dsc00248.jpg
Old 08-04-2011 | 09:07 AM
Contributors

Was planning to do the same. I got a broken halogen set I frosted. Tested it with the white LED eyebrows. Looks good. But won't look right with what I've got planned for my headlights.
Old 08-04-2011 | 09:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i tried the same look....didnt mesh-well with my dark grey/gloss black theme so i aborted it (losing a headlight in the process LOL!) im glad you like it though...for anyone with a white car or maybe even a black car...this would be a killer mod to add to the list. looks even better when you switch out those amber LEDs for white ones too...
Old 08-04-2011 | 07:25 PM
Members

Sounds like q nice simple mod that will show off the headlights more love it think i might try it on mine
Old 08-04-2011 | 07:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

pretty cool
Old 08-04-2011 | 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by umichchris
...for anyone with a white car...
Thinking about it

Old 08-05-2011 | 12:29 AM
Members

i'm thinking to do it also but what if i don't like it irl?
how do you reverse it?
Old 08-05-2011 | 05:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST

trust me....its not possible to reverse!

solution, get some clear tinting plastic film as suggested above, apply it to the top of the headlight/eyebrow area....mask the entire remaining portion of the headlight...then and only then apply the frosting paint. that way if you dont like it, you can just peel off the plastic film and everything's back to normal.

i on the other hand painted inside the eyebrow and couldnt remove it. i just bought a NEW headlight bc i decided to go another route SMH

(good thing theyre cheap on ebay!)
Old 08-05-2011 | 05:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw

You will reduce the light output of your eyebrow by atleast 20% if you do this since the reflective chrome that amplifies the light effect would be gone.
Old 08-05-2011 | 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by umichchris
trust me....its not possible to reverse!

solution, get some clear tinting plastic film as suggested above, apply it to the top of the headlight/eyebrow area....mask the entire remaining portion of the headlight...then and only then apply the frosting paint. that way if you dont like it, you can just peel off the plastic film and everything's back to normal.

i on the other hand painted inside the eyebrow and couldnt remove it. i just bought a NEW headlight bc i decided to go another route SMH

(good thing theyre cheap on ebay!)
Chris, I don't understand. Even if you paint it on the inside, why don't you just take the piece out, and repaint it to another color?

Quick Reply: Frosted Eyebrows