E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Front M-Tech bumper - H&R sport springs vs. H&R race springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

I was washing my 545iA sport pkge with the M-Tech kit and decided to look underneath the front right and left front skirt (kneeled on all fours and stuck my head underneath the front bumper). I realized I somehow scraped the front right skirt as well recently. I knew about the scrape on the front left.

Just wondering if anyhow have looked underneath their front bumper and see if theirs are scraped as well?

My car currently has the sport pkage and is not lowered yet. However, I wonder how it will be with H&R sport springs vs. H&R race springs. I assume the race will scrape more even though you always try to be careful.

Perhaps those that have either one of those setup can check underneath their front bumper and see if they have more scrape?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by remuse' post='296686' date='Jun 12 2006, 08:15 PM
I was washing my 545iA sport pkge with the M-Tech kit and decided to look underneath the front right and left front skirt (kneeled on all fours and stuck my head underneath the front bumper). I realized I somehow scraped the front right skirt as well recently. I knew about the scrape on the front left.

Just wondering if anyhow have looked underneath their front bumper and see if theirs are scraped as well?

My car currently has the sport pkage and is not lowered yet. However, I wonder how it will be with H&R sport springs vs. H&R race springs. I assume the race will scrape more even though you always try to be careful.

Perhaps those that have either one of those setup can check underneath their front bumper and see if they have more scrape?

I think that with the H&R race its a 2" drop that might be a bit too much, try and pm Iceman316 he has 20" wheels and 2" drop H&R on his car.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by remuse' post='296686' date='Jun 12 2006, 06:15 PM

I was going to drop using Eibach Pro Kit (1.5" drop) awhile back. Due to some mishaps with driveways, I eventually decided against it. The M-tech front bumper is lower than the stock bumper and the sport package already lowers the car. So, if you're going forward with installing H&R springs you will have a lot of scraping in your future.

Even being careful I still scrape my bumper, the latest occurring yesterday.