E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Friends plastidipped car

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my initial reaction....

im not feelin it, not sure if its the color .....I dunno if its either me or my monitor, but it doesn't look evenly coated either
eat your rice, dont put it on the car
Old 05-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | STEPTRONIC | Xenon

Originally Posted by 604nguyen
my initial reaction....

im not feelin it, not sure if its the color .....I dunno if its either me or my monitor, but it doesn't look evenly coated either
eat your rice, dont put it on the car
lol
Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
This shit is not easy at all.

+1000, it's one thing to do a set of wheels, or even the window trim, but the hole car? This demonstration makes it clear - it ain't that easy to make PlastiDip look good on the whole car. Granted, matte white would probably look better since white would hide the GLARINGLY obvious flaws this car has with it's coat(s) of PlastiDip

Oh, and in the sun this car looks like a Pepto-Bismol tablet
Old 05-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

This stuff is removable, why so much people talking shit about it? Just like a tshirt, wear it, don't like it, remove it. I think it's badass as I'll probably change my color every couple months.

I think people just hating they don't have the balls to be difference try something original. Reason why I didn't get an mtech kit, who doesn't have one?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 03grey5
Or maybe even..."ghetto."

Definitely not on board with this let's plasti dip anything and everything I can find.
Never seen anything plast-dipped in the ghetto!! :thumbsdown:
Old 05-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by roskinc
This stuff is removable, why so much people talking shit about it? Just like a tshirt, wear it, don't like it, remove it. I think it's badass as I'll probably change my color every couple months.

I think people just hating they don't have the balls to be difference try something original. Reason why I didn't get an mtech kit, who doesn't have one?
or miro 111's or m5 mirrors or vossens, or 3m wrapped, seems like everybody is copying one another and i think thats lame. dare to be different!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by 528iFLYguy
or miro 111's or m5 mirrors or vossens, or 3m wrapped, seems like everybody is copying one another and i think thats lame. dare to be different!

Don't get me wrong, different is good..........when it comes out good. I am not saying this car looks like complete crap until I see the final coats of PlastiDip added. Until then it doesn't look finished. The pattern of the sprayer is too clearly visible in the pics, so it doesn't look "different" yet, it just looks bad. If the final coats smooth it out it could actually look cool.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by roskinc

your car looks goods as is, if it were mine, i would keep it they way it is .
Sure its removable, but why go thru the trouble of doing it in the first place if you're going to remove it later on? If its done right the first time, there no reason to remove it.
I personally LIKE the matte look, but would rather go with the vinyl route. You get a nice uniform professional finish all around.

We have to admit, we all paid good money to own a BMW, we buy them for its class, meticulous quality, luxury and perfection.
I mean it IS original, everyone has their own right to do what they like to their own cars...., but for myself, I cant justify going to Home Depot, pickup $300 worth of cans of this "plastidip" (which originally was made for re-coating your tool handles) and spray bomb my entire car with it.

just my 2 cents
Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by 604nguyen
your car looks goods as is, if it were mine, i would keep it they way it is .
Sure its removable, but why go thru the trouble of doing it in the first place if you're going to remove it later on? If its done right the first time, there no reason to remove it.
I personally LIKE the matte look, but would rather go with the vinyl route. You get a nice uniform professional finish all around.

We have to admit, we all paid good money to own a BMW, we buy them for its class, meticulous quality, luxury and perfection.
I mean it IS original, everyone has their own right to do what they like to their own cars...., but for myself, I cant justify going to Home Depot, pickup $300 worth of cans of this "plastidip" (which originally was made for re-coating your tool handles) and spray bomb my entire car with it.

just my 2 cents
Meh, it's called experimentation. The fact that it can be safely removed easily just makes the decision that much easier. Not that it would make any difference to you anyway, but it's actually sprayed through a paint sprayer for better finish. And while I can agree on the vinyl point, if this is done right, it can be just as clean at a fraction of wraps' cost. Look around at Dipyourcar.com. Their work and finish comes out fantastic.

Oh, and of course, the reason the cars in the thread are incomplete because Dipyourcar's info was incorrect in the past. They had advised that two gallons would be enough to do most cars, that turned out to be false. Small cars would be two, most cars three. Our cars, at least three.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Members

I'm thinking about plastidipping my window trim on my stock black 525i. Has anybody done it or have pictures.? And what do yall think about it?

Quick Reply: Friends plastidipped car