E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stormace, i'm sorry but i got them from a friend who lives in japan. you might want to try ebay. btw, i've sent you an email.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Contributors

Exclamation

I feel happy with my foggy..now going to replace them. In fact, I am happy with the external lights of my car.

I love the adative lights
Old 08-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Senior Members

amigo525, i'm very happy with mine, too. i changed the foglight lightbulbs just because i want they match the xenon headlights colorwise. btw, i've noticed you have a little typo (reflectors) in your signature . i'm not trying to be the smarta$$ or offense you but since you'll keep this signature for awhile and everybody will see this all the time. probably it's better to make a little correction. don't make me confuse you, my english sucks so bad and guarantee worse than you .
Old 08-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Contributors

alohac,

Thanks for the correction..on my way to correct my fingers typo.

Old 08-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

amigo525, you are very welcome ...but now you have an upper case "L". are you trying to make sure everybody know you just made the correction .
Old 08-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Exclamation

alohalc,

How about a litle bit of humor?
Old 08-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

amigo525, oH, nOw i geT IT .
Old 09-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Members

alohalc, can you give me more detailed instruction on how to change out the fog lights? and maybe take some pictures and repost? The previous poster's pictures don't appear for me. thanks.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

i've emailed you the instruction last time. you didn't get it ? anyway, it's quite simple. if you have couple jacks to jack up the car, only takes 30 minutes or less. first, remove the center protection shield right underneath the engine and near the front bumper. then remove a few screws on each side of the protection shields by the wheelwells. you don't have to remove the shields, only a few screws are good enough for you to remove the center shield. after the center shield is removed, everything is very straight forward. you'll see the foglight housings and you just need to swap them with your new bulbs. make sure don't touch the bulbs, the metal part is ok . btw, which picture are you referring to? the pics after the installation or during installation? i didn't take any pic during installation. if you want pics after the installation, i'll email you later tonight. i'm away from my home computer now. yes, i'm away from home but still checking this forum .
Old 12-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by dba1t' date='Jun 29 2004, 08:27 PM
Alohalc, I installed PIAA Extreme White 4000K bulbs today, replacing the factory Philips bulbs.? The procedure for accessing the E60 foglight housings and changing the bulbs is quite simple.? The E39 required removal of the housings from the front of the vehicle.? Ditto for the E46.? The E60 does not require removal of the housings and access to the bulbs is provided from below.

You will need a phillips head screw driver, an 8-millimeter socket, ratchet, and short extension.? Start by removing the protective cover beneath the engine.? From within the forward section of each inner fender well, remove three 8-millimeter bolts that secure the corner splash shields.? The corner splash shields can be removed by depressing plastic tabs which are visible from underneath.? Once removed, the wire loom and plug-ins for each foglight are easily accessible.

I have included photos below.? Most are self explanatory.? Photos taken with the cardboard on the ground in front of the vehicle show a comparison of the factory bulb on the driver's side to the PIAA Extreme White bulb on the passenger side.? Photos taken with the cardboard removed are of the completed install, with both PIAA bulbs in place.? The improvement is dramatic and the foglights are a much closer match to the Xenon headlights.? I did the same on our 2002 M3 Coupe.? Your 4700K bulbs will likely be an even closer match.

Good luck.? Take care.

[snapback]14235[/snapback]

Did anyone save these picstures? If so can you repost them?

Thanks

P.S. Alcoholic... OPS... I mean Aloha_LC you got PM

Quick Reply: Fog Lights