E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Fog Light & Angels upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528XI

Originally Posted by ben53
Can you share some pics please ?
Sorry these are not the best. Its dusk and I litterly just snapped these pics. But out of theextensive research I did in upgrading my angel eyes (after oneburned out) I decided to go with Trinity. I cant imagine gettingbetter customer service anywhereelseand they are very responsive and helpful. I will DEFINATELY do more business with them.
Attached Thumbnails Fog Light & Angels upgrade-img_1973.jpg   Fog Light & Angels upgrade-img_1975.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 550i M Sport - All options except HUD

Originally Posted by Ace333
Ive got the Trinity Angel eyes and am satisfied.
Are you running these as DRL?
Old 08-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528XI

Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
Are you running these as DRL?

Yes I run as DRL
Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545 6MT

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
You need to do more research on THIS board about angel eyes.

That picture you posted, those are inaccurate representation of the actual product and what you will see in real life.

You want the good stuff? Gotta pay to play:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/125..._fromsearch__1

Agreed. I don't think the OP is going to get the look he wants on a pre-LCI without upgrading the headlights or opening them up and having the Orion's put in.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i

Originally Posted by Ducmaniak
Agreed. I don't think the OP is going to get the look he wants on a pre-LCI without upgrading the headlights or opening them up and having the Orion's put in.
I don't know man! I am confused here. I always try not to mess up with original thing. bulb replacement to get enough bright white angel lights is what I'm thinking. Also, matching fog lights. If not super bright, then bright should be fine but I'm not looking to do some disection on my headlights.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ducmaniak
+1 You're going to spend some money to get that look that you want....I retrofitted Bi-Xenon's to get it...Here are your three options:

A. Throw LED bulbs in there and be semi-happy for 2 months

B. Get your headlights cut open by Simon and install Orions (This option is best if you're going for a "modified" look for your car and don't want to spend a fortune to get bright white AE's)

C. Retrofit LCI Bi-Xenons and install HID AE's (With this option beware, you will be blinding others that are sensitive to light, but it looks great in the day and at night...this is also the most expensive option but you get stock-looking headlights)

In the end I think its worth picking option B or C especially when you see the reflection of your AE everytime you pull up to a window

Also...spend the 60 bucks and get a HID kit for those fogs...DDM sells ones for this price. I like the 55W personally but most people have 35W. 6000K is the magic color for me...

Good Luck!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Go with Trinity. Very knowledgeable guys.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i - GONE

HIDs in the foglights! I got projector foglights and wired a set of HIDs to them, these definitely transmit a good amount of lighting up front.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 550i M Sport - All options except HUD

Originally Posted by wtlb
Go with Trinity. Very knowledgeable guys.
I would love to be wrong but I'm pretty sure Trinity Autosport, Umnitza and LightWurkz are all the same company. I don't notice a tremendous amount of difference between their websites, pricing or product mix.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
I would love to be wrong but I'm pretty sure Trinity Autosport, Umnitza and LightWurkz are all the same company. I don't notice a tremendous amount of difference between their websites, pricing or product mix.
Trinity and Umnitza are different entities, I know this for a fact since I know both parties.

Lightwurkz is not a vendor on this board, but they are partnered with Umnitza.

Quick Reply: Fog Light & Angels upgrade