E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Fmic+dp

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:02 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 e60 535i
Default Fmic+dp

Looking to order both at once, any advice as too where to buy from? Was leaning towards dr euro dp (ar price is crazy) and the cpe ic/oc while im at it. Probably grab the catch can as well. Advice??
Old 12-30-2013, 04:50 AM
Members

I have Dr euros on mine and they are great but I cannot speak for the ARs because I don't have any experience with them. For the FMIC, I will be getting mine in Mid February but I think I am going with the ER kit for ease of installation and may be going with Mike from N54tuning. Seems like they offer the best price for FMIC. Good luck and let us all know if you find some good prices!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

+1 what the Chief said. Hopefully my Dr Euro's will get installed next month.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:26 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 LCI 535xi

what car? cuz if u have a 535xi like me you have to get the AR dps
Old 01-06-2014, 03:12 AM
New Members

It's a rwd 535i... im pretty set on the dr euro pipes but seems like a lot more people are going with the er fmic vs the cpe even though its a bit cheaper AND comes with the oil cooler...

Last edited by anthony_ms; 01-06-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Msport

new to the 535 club, this is a good thread. seems like so many like the dr euros but im on the fence. while reasonably priced, here in CA the smogging is the issue and no catless dp will pass here unfortunately. which leaves you with either pulling them off everytime or hoping to bribe someone. booyaazaa whats you plan? just trying to research b4 i pull the trigger. theyre so cheap but ive been losing sleep over the smog aspect of it. ar also offers a cat option, but $2k is ridiculous especially for less power. and as far as fmic goes, seems like most people like er but i wonder if we even need just running jb4, dci and pipes...someone on n54 have said no point unless your dragging at the track
Old 01-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by anthony_ms
It's a rwd 535i... im pretty set on the dr euro pipes but seems like a lot more people are going with the er fmic vs the cpe even though its a bit cheaper AND comes with the oil cooler...
Dude you already have a oil cooler. If you are looking to keep your oil temps down get the bms low temp oil thermostat which keeps oil following into the cooler vs 250 mark.
Originally Posted by Justin66mp
new to the 535 club, this is a good thread. seems like so many like the dr euros but im on the fence. while reasonably priced, here in CA the smogging is the issue and no catless dp will pass here unfortunately. which leaves you with either pulling them off everytime or hoping to bribe someone. booyaazaa whats you plan? just trying to research b4 i pull the trigger. theyre so cheap but ive been losing sleep over the smog aspect of it. ar also offers a cat option, but $2k is ridiculous especially for less power. and as far as fmic goes, seems like most people like er but i wonder if we even need just running jb4, dci and pipes...someone on n54 have said no point unless your dragging at the track
Well in Cali everything is going to odb based smog testing and visual verification. No codes and you pass visual, you pass smog.

Luckily for me my smog is next month and ill actually probably do it sooner then later this time for some reason. Also if you didn't know the jb4g5 has the DP-fix built into the unit.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

Luckily for me my smog is next month and ill actually probably do it sooner then later this time for some reason. Also if you didn't know the jb4g5 has the DP-fix built into the unit.[/QUOTE]

I was aware of the awesomeness that is jb4 lol. I actually just ordered mine, pretty stoked. The reason I was asking is bc I read something that said the new smog procedures will run advanced software on the obd and if it detects any sort of tune or anything you would fail. Ive been researching other forums, just cant remember where I saw it. Seems like a blessing in disguise for us but seems to good to be true. Just trying to do a little more research before I order my Dr Euros
Old 01-10-2014, 12:12 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Dude you already have a oil cooler. If you are looking to keep your oil temps down get the bms low temp oil thermostat which keeps oil following into the cooler vs 250 mark.

Well in Cali everything is going to odb based smog testing and visual verification. No codes and you pass visual, you pass smog.

Luckily for me my smog is next month and ill actually probably do it sooner then later this time for some reason. Also if you didn't know the jb4g5 has the DP-fix built into the unit.
Does the cpe oil cooler really perform better than stock??.. I wont know though bc im happy to say i ordered the Dr Euro pipes and ER Fmic!!.. Cobb stage 2 here i come!!

Edit: Also would like to thank Daniel "Dr Euro" himself for helping me throughout the process, made it alot easier and i highly recommend. He answered all my questions

Last edited by anthony_ms; 01-10-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by anthony_ms
Does the cpe oil cooler really perform better than stock??.. I wont know though bc im happy to say i ordered the Dr Euro pipes and ER Fmic!!.. Cobb stage 2 here i come!!

Edit: Also would like to thank Daniel "Dr Euro" himself for helping me throughout the process, made it alot easier and i highly recommend. He answered all my questions
yeah man i'm thinking i may spring for those dr euros too. even smogging here in ca is strict and not all places have enacted the new laws yet, worst case scenario ill just take them off and put them back on. you gotta post a review when you get your stuff put in bro.