E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Fitting LCI parts to a Non LCI car

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

My first post so please indulge me.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a late 2005 535D (UK) with cloth interior. I then managed to find Sports Leather interior for the car on ebay, which I bought to install in it.

When I went to pick it up and have it fitted, I realised the car was an accident damaged late 2007 (LCI) model.

Obviously I was over the moon, as the leather was in prestine condition. We easily fitted all the seats, centre console and door panels. The trim was a new shade of wood trim. It was present on all the door panels yet mines had the crappy base matt silver trim, so I managed to convince him to provide me with all the wood trim from the front dash.

But I noticed the idrive was different with extra buttons so could not use the wood trim of that. But asked him to at least fit the wood trim and cubby holes under the CD player. He took them off and when we went to fit to my car the PDC and DTC plugs were totally different. Thankyou BMW

Now I really want to fit this part in and got him to chop off the wire with the plug. But The two functions are a) split into two seperate modules and b) have three wires each. As oppossed to the Non LCI one that goes into one module for both plus heated seats and has 6 wires in total, which include the heated seats as well.

The new interior isn't heated.

Surely I can DIY the wires myself if I know which wires go to which function? Correct? Or would I need to get the whole wiring loom. If I can, then will the back end be different as well or will it easily plug into the same place at the back?

If not then is there away of installing this which I can do?

The same goes for the idrive and the aux in under the rear ventilation. I can also get the whole wiring loom from the same guy if it will help.

Please can someone help me with this.

Thanks in advance.