E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Fitted 20" Alpina rims on my 550 m-sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Thank you all for the complements

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
They look huge! It will look bad-ass if you drop it a little tho.

Those wheels will be a pain in the ass to clean but have no fear, Sonax is here. I use this stuff religiously on my M101s. Spray it, let it sit for about 5 minutes and hose off. No brushing needed unless you go weeks without washing your car.
The 128s, which I will now use as my winter set-up, were soooo easy to clean. Its definitely going to be more work these rims, so thanks for the cleaning advice!

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
glad you found a wheel set to your liking...congrats..looks good
It was actually one of your posts in response to my "which OEM 20" rim" post, where you mentioned the Radial 32s "and Alpina" rims that got me investigating if these Alpinas were a genuine option. So many thanks for helping me spend my money!

Originally Posted by rsyed
Excellent job!!!!

You kept me posted on your decision making and this by far was the most sensible solution with an excellent result!! congrats!!

I am curious what is next on the plate Maybe foil it?
Thanks for putting up with all my emails! The vinyl wrap is maybe something for nex year. The most likely next mod is the exhaust.

Hope everyone went well on your big day -- congratulations

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
i know someone with 20" alpinas matte black on a 650 and it looks sik.
good choice man!
Thanks
I bet that 650 looks incredible. Do you have any pictures of it?

Originally Posted by Hilden
Great choice, looks awesome!
Thanks mate!
You up for a mini-meet some time in August? Some of the other Swedish & Danish members seemed to be interested.

============================

Here are some better pictures taken with a Canon IXUS 70. Hope you like them....

Old 07-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

...and some more pictures

Old 07-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Hope everyone went well on your big day -- congratulations
Thanks - day way awesome, sold my car after the honeymoon and ordered a f10 m-sport
Old 07-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Nice wheels Pete - I like the result. I think it strikes a a good balance between timeless and sporty.
BTW, all the mods look good mate.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rsyed
Thanks - day way awesome, sold my car after the honeymoon and ordered a f10 m-sport
Great to hear it went well and congrats on the order

Originally Posted by andy545
Nice wheels Pete - I like the result. I think it strikes a a good balance between timeless and sporty.
BTW, all the mods look good mate.

Thanks mate.
As I wrote in my recent PMs, I've used your car as a constant source of inspiration as its one of the most modded cars here in the forum but has still retained that OEM look Its also probably going to result in me spending even more money on the car, because I love the sound of that SuperSprint exhaust!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by xBMWx
It was actually one of your posts in response to my "which OEM 20" rim" post, where you mentioned the Radial 32s "and Alpina" rims that got me investigating if these Alpinas were a genuine option. So many thanks for helping me spend my money!

glad to help