E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

FINALLY ! UUC EVO III Short Shifter is installed !

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Finally I did it.

Took my baby to AA TUNING in Miami yesterday, and after 2 hours My UUC EVO III & CDV from Zeckhauasfsadfdsg... was Installed !!

After searching every inch on the web I couldn't find 1 person who had this kit installed. Wolverine from this forum had the older model installed and taken off because of the noise and notchy feeling and I was worried about it.

After talking to Rob from UUC he promised that this is new & improved ver. and I have nothing to be worried about and I took my chances.

My impression:

I LOVE IT !!

The original shifter is LONG & too soft in my taste, this kit makes shifts %35-%40 shorter (on paper.. although I think it's only about %20-%25 shorter...), but the shifts are much better now, no noise of any kind added, shifts are very smooth & not at all feel notchy... 100% RECOMMENDED.

The guys at AA TUNING did a SUPERB job, they are very professional and knew the job. Being very meticulous about my car, I was standing and watching most of the time and was impressed with their work.

I hope that my experience will help other ppl, as I had very hard time deciding if to take a chance or not after not finding ANY review about the UUC EVO III in a 545i, even the guys at AA TUNING told me that's the first time they had a 545i on the lift, but the gear is somewhat similar to the E39 M5 which they so familiar with...

Price:

UUC EVO III $325
Modified CDV from Zeckhosdfgsdf.. $35
Labor at AA TUNING - $200 (don't take this price as a promise, I got a discount..)

Total = Worth it !

Old 05-07-2005, 03:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Congrats!!
Old 05-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Cool. Who did you get the parts through?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='May 9 2005, 10:44 AM
Cool.? Who did you get the parts through?
[snapback]126094[/snapback]

The UUC EVO III was sent from UUC thorugh P1 automotive & the CDV from Zekhuf something racing.

Both P1 & the other guy were extremely helpful, polite and had a great service !

Recommended !