E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

FINALLY!! Upgrades done!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White, Premium Package, Logic 7, NAV, 5W LED Angel Eyes

First a big THANKS to all the forum members who chimed in on ALL my wheel questions over the past few months!! I finally decided to go with 20" and a deep lip. I found these Concept One wheels, Matte Black finish, that go well with the white. I love them and the ride is smooth. I am running Falken 452s, 245/35/20 & 285/30/20. No issues with rubbing, as I have stock suspension (for now, lowering to come in 2012!). I also installed my ACS front lip and am pleased how easy it went on. A little automotive tape and a few hidden screws, fits like a glove! Thank you again for all the feedback!
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-img_1164e.jpg   FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-img_1165e.jpg   FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-img_1166e.jpg   FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-img_1167e.jpg   FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-img_1168e.jpg  

FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-img_1169e.jpg  
Old 06-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Sorry, not feeling the lip at all
Old 06-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
Sorry, not feeling the lip at all
+1
Old 06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Cwest
+1
+2
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
+2
+3

ACS lip looks good on black cars but on white it sticks out too much and you can see its a stick-on - drill-in. Not worth it. Get Mtech or M5 replica bumper ASAP! Trust me, I did the same thing you did when I started modding. Eventually you will see the light.

Let me tell you what is going to start bothering you in the near future about your car in no particular order:

Hmm...sure do like my new wheels, but damn look at that gap now between the fender and the top of the tire. I need new springs / shocks or a coilover kit.

Ugghh... Look at my doors. They just go like a straight line to the skirt with no shape. Wish I had the mtech side skirts, would look awesome.

Hmmmmmm... Not sure I dig the front lip anymore. I hate that darn lined on the sides and front.

ohhhh, what about a black front grill?

TINTS!??

I need shadowline trim, the chromee is making me nuts...

Hmm mirrors? M5 ones? God those would look sick.

My rear bumper... not diggin it. How about an mtech? M5 replica? Maybe I can get quads?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

Clean look...

One quick question though, is it my screen or is the lip a bit whiter than the car's paint itself?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White, Premium Package, Logic 7, NAV, 5W LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Clean look...

One quick question though, is it my screen or is the lip a bit whiter than the car's paint itself?

No the color is off a bit due to the 3M protective film on the front. The paint is matched, but the front looks yellow from the film. I am not crazy about how that turned out, hence that is why i just taped it on so it can be removed easily. I would remove the front film but in Canada our roads r covered with gravel from the long winters. Hoping that the spoiler will fade abit!!
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
+3

ACS lip looks good on black cars but on white it sticks out too much and you can see its a stick-on - drill-in. Not worth it. Get Mtech or M5 replica bumper ASAP! Trust me, I did the same thing you did when I started modding. Eventually you will see the light.

Let me tell you what is going to start bothering you in the near future about your car in no particular order:

Hmm...sure do like my new wheels, but damn look at that gap now between the fender and the top of the tire. I need new springs / shocks or a coilover kit.

Ugghh... Look at my doors. They just go like a straight line to the skirt with no shape. Wish I had the mtech side skirts, would look awesome.

Hmmmmmm... Not sure I dig the front lip anymore. I hate that darn lined on the sides and front.

ohhhh, what about a black front grill?

TINTS!??

I need shadowline trim, the chromee is making me nuts...

Hmm mirrors? M5 ones? God those would look sick.

My rear bumper... not diggin it. How about an mtech? M5 replica? Maybe I can get quads?

I dont disagree with you. Thought i would try ACS, as everyone has Mtech or M5 rep. It will likely change after this year. Yes, future mods r in the order, but only so much free spending cash, so next year was thinking side skirts and lowering springs. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by E60530i
I dont disagree with you. Thought i would try ACS, as everyone has Mtech or M5 rep. It will likely change after this year. Yes, future mods r in the order, but only so much free spending cash, so next year was thinking side skirts and lowering springs. Thanks for the feedback.
Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good. Looks like a late 90's Civic with a ricer body kit.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E60530i
I personally think the Hamman stock bumper splitter looks way better or the Alpina.
FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-bmw-e60-styling-hamann-front-spoiler-10060100-upto-2-2007-e60-54924-.jpg
FINALLY!! Upgrades done!-800px-2007_alpina_b5_s.jpg

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good. Looks like a late 90's Civic with a ricer body kit.

Quick Reply: FINALLY!! Upgrades done!