E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Finally, pics of mods!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a Camera on your lower part of the grill?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

I hate this forum and what its done to my bank account. LOL

looks siiiiiick Simon. I just bought a sport steering wheel and told myself that I would hold off and buy the airbag and paddle retrofit in a couple months but I know I'll break and buy it sooner than later. Still on the hunt for a decent set of LCI headlights. THAT, I know will take a while.

What do you think?? Wrap my interior pieces in CF or paint it glossy black?
Hood gets here on Friday so I'm thinking NLT next week it'll be painted and installed. BBK This weekend tho.

I know you're against dropping the car, but is there even a slight chance you're changing your mind? I mean hey.... at a point in time you loved your chrome Foose wheels and chrome window trim BUT.... the forum got the best of you. LOL... in due time... I BET YOU'RE GUNNA BAG IT TOO. fool us all! LOL
Old 05-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Pav636
Is that a Camera on your lower part of the grill?
Yup, I have front and rear camera.

Originally Posted by devildawg712
I hate this forum and what its done to my bank account. LOL

looks siiiiiick Simon. I just bought a sport steering wheel and told myself that I would hold off and buy the airbag and paddle retrofit in a couple months but I know I'll break and buy it sooner than later. Still on the hunt for a decent set of LCI headlights. THAT I know will take a while.

What do you think?? Wrap my interior pieces in CF or paint it glossy black?
Hood gets here on Friday so I'm thinking NLT next week it'll be painted and installed. BBK This weekend tho.

I know you're against dropping the car, but is there even a slight chance you're changing your mind? I mean hey.... at a point in time you loved you chrome Foose wheels and chrome window trim BUT.... the forum got the best of you. LOL... in due time... I BET YOU'RE GUNNA BAG IT TOO. fool us all! LOL
Oh nice, looks like you'll have a few fun weekends ahead. The interior pieces, mmm, I dunno man, painting it is so permanent. If it can be done well by a shop, I imagine it'll look good (but maybe a bit plain). A piano black would be sexy, but I wonder if it'll be a pain to keep in top shape. CF wrap is easier I guess, and you know how I am about being lazy, lol.

As for the drop, nah. I hate feeling the bumps on the ground and lowering it would just make it worse. Besides, two weeks ago when my car was jacked up for oil change, I noticed the underneath of my front bumper is scraped -- at its current height. Can't imagine the kind of damage I might do if it's lowered. And the wheels and trim, I don't know, I wouldn't say it's a forum thing. I wanted to do something different for the trim so I went with glossy black (since everyone has matte black). I have to say I really hated the look and regretted the change, only after I changed the wheels did it look okay. The wheels, I still like my Foose, just like these more
Old 05-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Contributors

haha. He's saving up to buy a set of wheels from me.

Lookin good for sure Simon. Lots of big changes.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Touché. The car being black helps a great deal to not notice the gap. I wouldnt say I extremely regret lowering my car the extra .5 inch, but I do however feel bad that I that my 375LB brother is scared to ride in the car with me now. I love how it looks, but the scraping has gotten a bit annoying. Brings me back to my ricer days when I had to go at extreme angles up and down driveways. Feel so juvenile when I have to do it coming and leaving church with a whole bunch of old people behind me. LOL

Yea I fiddled with painting my interior parts the same color as my car but Im not sure how it would be. I think Id like it but black would be just as nice. I didnt even notice your trim was glossy black. Nice
Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Looking sharp Simon! Nice job bud!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, I did it for the style man. I have a few performance mods, but reality is I am not a track guy so the weight reduction is just an added plus.
Your cash... And if it makes you happy I say go for it.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
haha. He's saving up to buy a set of wheels from me.

Lookin good for sure Simon. Lots of big changes.
Thanks man. Did you ever figure out the M5 mirrors stuff?

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Touché. The car being black helps a great deal to not notice the gap. I wouldnt say I extremely regret lowering my car the extra .5 inch, but I do however feel bad that I that my 375LB brother is scared to ride in the car with me now. I love how it looks, but the scraping has gotten a bit annoying. Brings me back to my ricer days when I had to go at extreme angles up and down driveways. Feel so juvenile when I have to do it coming and leaving church with a whole bunch of old people behind me. LOL

Yea I fiddled with painting my interior parts the same color as my car but Im not sure how it would be. I think Id like it but black would be just as nice. I didnt even notice your trim was glossy black. Nice
Haha, the chef bro? Yah, I even thought about adding a splitter after I saw it on Jack's car, but then when he left my place, I noticed how he had to turn to the side and go slow to exit the dip. That's more or less a deal breaker for me, hahaha. But yeah, to me, spending a grand or two to lower it, and then having to worry about it so much PLUS feeling more bumps and all = not my thing.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I noticed how he had to turn to the side and go slow to exit the dip. That's more or less a deal breaker for me, hahaha. But yeah, to me, spending a grand or two to lower it, and then having to worry about it so much PLUS feeling more bumps and all = not my thing.

I totally feel the same way. While I love walking up to my car and its new 20" rims, once I drive it I wish I had my 17" back. LOL! I'm not thrilled about the occasional rub issues on bumps either. Especially when I have kids and adults quite often in the back. However, I do love the look of a lowered E60 so who knows. If at all a lowering suspension would be my last mod.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Quick Reply: Finally, pics of mods!