E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Finally Debadged

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Well, after reading all the other posts about debadging, I finally did it. My GF thought I was a plum fool for removing my 550 emblem. She is more concerned about what people think. I even offered to do her C300, but she declined. I have to admit I look at the model #'s of every E60 I see, but I've also learned all the ways to tell what people have. Man, the car looks real clean now and I'm very happy I did it. I guess now I'll have more kids pulling up next to me. Bring it on!!! My RPI is very quiet at the lights. Don't wake the sleeping Giant.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

Hey, I haven't searched around the forum yet to find out how to remove the badges, but what's the easiest way of doing this?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Contributors

thats good you like it. id recommend rebadging it with the M6 badge
Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by No Onions
Hey, I haven't searched around the forum yet to find out how to remove the badges, but what's the easiest way of doing this?
Its very simple..get dental floss, and a hair dryer. Heat up the badges and take the piece of dental floss and run it behind the numbers. do it in a saw like motion and they will pop right off. Then use go gone or something like that to clean off the 3m tape residue. simple
Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

I used floss. They came off easy and then used goo gone. No shadows. Search on Youtube for emblem debadging.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

sounds easy enough. this was the first thing on my list to do to the car. it's so on! what about removing the front and rear bmw badges - any tips there?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Contributors

sounds easy enough. this was the first thing on my list to do to the car. it's so on! what about removing the front and rear bmw badges - any tips there?
use the search button broski. i havent done those so when you find the link post it here. im considering ordering black and white emblems
Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Contributors

You plan to put on different BMW logos I hope.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Members

like alpine white girl, i'm looking at doing the black and white bmw badges. those carbon fiber ones look sick. they're subtle, but just sick...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
Well, after reading all the other posts about debadging, I finally did it. My GF thought I was a plum fool for removing my 550 emblem. She is more concerned about what people think.
Awesome! I debadged mine and I've never wanted to go back. My girlfriend thinks the same thing; she wants people to know it's a 550.

Don't listen to her. Eventually she'll find something else to complain about.

Quick Reply: Finally Debadged