E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A few new additions to my interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

I got a chance to install my hardwired V1 with a concealled display and the tablet DVD player with the brodit mount (thanks Rudy). I used the hardwire install instructions from one of the earlier posts and it was very easy to follow. The problem is that the wire-tapper that V1 provides in their kit is designed for a larger diameter wire. When i first clamped it on, i got no power. I figured out that the wire-tap didn't puncture enough of the plastic wrap to get down to the actual wire. After i figured it out, everything worked perfectly. (BTW, the best tool to use to loosen the nut used for the ground wire is right in the trunk tool kit) I also ran the concealeed display down to my dash. As far as the DVD player. I did the same thing as Rudy did. I have to drill into the stand of tablet DVD to mount it to the brodit stand. I still kinda wiggles a tiny bit when i'm driving but I might try to re-inforce the mount with some brackets. The reason why i got this particular tablet DVD player (Audiovox d1020) was because it includes a lot of features like FM modulator, wireless headphones, and a TV tuner. Too bad that they don't make it anymore and took me more than a month to find it....on ebay. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Originally Posted by bleudyno' post='416906' date='Apr 23 2007, 08:57 PM
I got a chance to install my hardwired V1 with a concealled display and the tablet DVD player with the brodit mount (thanks Rudy). I used the hardwire install instructions from one of the earlier posts and it was very easy to follow. The problem is that the wire-tapper that V1 provides in their kit is designed for a larger diameter wire. When i first clamped it on, i got no power. I figured out that the wire-tap didn't puncture enough of the plastic wrap to get down to the actual wire. After i figured it out, everything worked perfectly. (BTW, the best tool to use to loosen the nut used for the ground wire is right in the trunk tool kit) I also ran the concealeed display down to my dash. As far as the DVD player. I did the same thing as Rudy did. I have to drill into the stand of tablet DVD to mount it to the brodit stand. I still kinda wiggles a tiny bit when i'm driving but I might try to re-inforce the mount with some brackets. The reason why i got this particular tablet DVD player (Audiovox d1020) was because it includes a lot of features like FM modulator, wireless headphones, and a TV tuner. Too bad that they don't make it anymore and took me more than a month to find it....on ebay. Anyways, what do you guys think?
NICE!! I love that seperate screen in the back.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Congrats on the success of your projects. Looks good!