E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Faded Roundels

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.

Believe it or not, the two part acrylic mix used in silk flower set-ups works awesome for color sealing emblems to keep them from fading. The stuffs used to simulate water in fake flower vases, lol. Mix a little more of the hardener than the recommended 50/50, dip the face, turn up-side-down and let set for 24hrs. Its like a cheap mans clear coat epoxy but alot easier to work with and dries crystal clear. The best part is that its acrylic so it doesn't yellow with age, and if it gets scratched car polish shines it right up. Just dont use it on anything that gets super hot. I used it to resurface my fog lights, worked great until i put an HID kit in there. Bubbled up and so i had to replace them. No problems with my hood emblem though. I even use it to fill tiny dings in my motorcycle helmet. I get it from wal-mart.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

Originally Posted by marine8551
Believe it or not, the two part acrylic mix used in silk flower set-ups works awesome for color sealing emblems to keep them from fading. The stuffs used to simulate water in fake flower vases, lol. Mix a little more of the hardener than the recommended 50/50, dip the face, turn up-side-down and let set for 24hrs. Its like a cheap mans clear coat epoxy but alot easier to work with and dries crystal clear. The best part is that its acrylic so it doesn't yellow with age, and if it gets scratched car polish shines it right up. Just dont use it on anything that gets super hot. I used it to resurface my fog lights, worked great until i put an HID kit in there. Bubbled up and so i had to replace them. No problems with my hood emblem though. I even use it to fill tiny dings in my motorcycle helmet. I get it from wal-mart.

will give this a shot...its only 5 dollars for the acrylic water kit at my local walmart.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:44 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.

took me a couple of times to get the timing and mixture down right. just experiment a little on some scrap material first. once you get it down though, you'll be using it as a protective surface for lots of things. pretty neat stuff.