5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Exhaust Advice (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/exhaust-advice-123378/)

west 05-14-2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Arctic-Rodz (Post 1442415)
Can you just say if Magnaflow is worth putting on or not? Way too much reading :twoup:

Yes. Magnaflow is worth putting on your car. The only disadvantage with Magnaflow that I can think of is installation consistency...the quality of your install is going to depend largely on the skill of your shop. I have Magnaflow parts on my car right now and we dyno'd the system before and after. The details are in that thread.

As much as I love Magnaflow and the flexibility that it offers, I'm slowly converting everything in my exhaust system to Supersprint. It is simply the best full aftermarket exhaust we can get for our 545/550. Just a little on the expensive side is all.

Euronuts 05-14-2012 08:59 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I recently got my quad set up installed and love my V8 all over again. I went with "Wests" advice and Magnaflow components which he dyno proved HP and I can confirm it feels stronger especially say 50 to 125!!! The sound is superb and not obnoxious at all. Almost no drone which was a suprise. Like stated get a good installer who knows what they are doing and bends pipe correctly. Once all was tack welded he removed and bead welded everything together and was perfect with fitment especially tip location, i was very pleased with the outcome! Here are some pixs thru the install. Notice he sprayed a special paint to preserve piping and eliminate some heat. Once home I continued the black spray on the heat shields underneath for asthetics.
Thank you to WEST for all the pre fab work and dynos! Sorry No sound clips because they never sound the same as in person!

west 05-14-2012 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Euronuts (Post 1442445)
I recently got my quad set up installed and love my V8 all over again. I went with "Wests" advice and Magnaflow components which he dyno proved HP and I can confirm it feels stronger especially say 50 to 125!!! The sound is superb and not obnoxious at all. Almost no drone which was a suprise. Like stated get a good installer who knows what they are doing and bends pipe correctly. Once all was tack welded he removed and bead welded everything together and was perfect with fitment especially tip location, i was very pleased with the outcome! Here are some pixs thru the install. Notice he sprayed a special paint to preserve piping and eliminate some heat. Once home I continued the black spray on the heat shields underneath for asthetics.
Thank you to WEST for all the pre fab work and dynos! Sorry No sound clips because they never sound the same as in person!

You are welcome Euronuts. It's great to see people implementing this design over and over. Proven gains, inexpensive, allows for a quad tips, and isn't obnoxious loud. Looks like your installer did great work as well. You should share those photos on that one thread so people have something to show their shop. Those are some of the best pics I've seen of the design to date. Congratulations.

Kaizen 05-14-2012 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Euronuts (Post 1442445)

Wow, the m5rear and quad setup looks amazing! I can't wait to see and hear it in person. Which shop did you take it to? Indeed, it looks like they do great work.

Euronuts 05-15-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by west (Post 1442456)
You are welcome Euronuts. It's great to see people implementing this design over and over. Proven gains, inexpensive, allows for a quad tips, and isn't obnoxious loud. Looks like your installer did great work as well. You should share those photos on that one thread so people have something to show their shop. Those are some of the best pics I've seen of the design to date. Congratulations.

Thanks West, which thread were you refering to?

Euronuts 05-15-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kaizen (Post 1442461)
Wow, the m5rear and quad setup looks amazing! I can't wait to see and hear it in person. Which shop did you take it to? Indeed, it looks like they do great work.

Thanks Kaizen, have you heard of Dyna Sport in NW PDX? They do good work on BMW