E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eurobahn/Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I just got done reading the reply from Eurobahn. I am certain they mention something about a piggyback system b/c they said that Powerchip (their competitor, who was also there at Bimmerfest '06) does some soldering with the ECU. Eurobahn mentioned that they don't do any soldering at all. I spoke to Jeff Zusman as well. Parts of the letter sounded exactly what I had heard 6 months ago. They were also in some kind of partnership with someone to develop a CAI and was interested in using my car for testing the CAI. I would have received the CAI for a deep discount or free. I can't recall.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I don't think there are any vendors out there that make piggy back systems for the E60. All the ones I've talked to or read about are writing software programs that are then uploaded onto the car's computer....DMS, Wetteraur, Upsolute, Dinan....etc..
Old 10-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='349174' date='Oct 26 2006, 02:47 PM
I don't think there are any vendors out there that make piggy back systems for the E60. All the ones I've talked to or read about are writing software programs that are then uploaded onto the car's computer....DMS, Wetteraur, Upsolute, Dinan....etc..
You know who told me about this piggyback system? Someone from Singh Motorsports. He was standing at the Eurobahn booth. I had a long talk with him while waiting to talk to Jeff Zusman. I believe Singh Motorsport and Eurobahn use the same process in remapping ECUs.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='349177' date='Oct 26 2006, 02:52 PM
You know who told me about this piggyback system? Someone from Singh Motorsports. He was standing at the Eurobahn booth. I had a long talk with him while waiting to talk to Jeff Zusman. I believe Singh Motorsport and Eurobahn use the same process in remapping ECUs.
I also had email exchanges with Jags at Singh Motorsports since they are located here in the Bay Area. They also do software flashes instead of piggyback systems. Here's the email exchange (read from bottom up):

Hi Tony,
1. The whole process takes about 45-60mins (includes the removal and installation).
2. It doesn't affect the smog at all.
3. The software is totally undectable so you won't have any warranty issues.
4. The car can be put back to standard at anytime and if the dealer ever flashes the ECU back to standard we can re-flash the ECU for you, there is a charge for any of the new BMW's. The charge is $50 and the reason why we charge is because we have to remove the ECU and re-install it, the upgraded programme will always be yours (on a normal car where we can just upload it from the OBD2 port there would be no charge).
5. We have never had a problem with any software, the programme basically makes the drive how it was intended by the Europeans and all our programmes have been road tested in Europe (we also have an office in London, UK and Duisburg, Germany).
We also offer other services like suspension, intakes and wheels if your interested.
Thanks
Jags

Thanks for the info Jags. A few more follow up questions for you:
1) How long does it take if I came to your location?
2) Is this 50-state legal and will pass smog?
3) Is it detectable? I don't want to risk having my warranty voided.
4) Is it reversible?
5) If my car gets a new software upgrade from the dealer and your programming gets erased, will you redo it and at what cost?
6) Do you offer any warranties?
Thanks,
Tony

hi Tony,
we did forget to list the 545i originally but that will be changed within a couple of weeks. The 545i can be done, the gains are 21hp and the torque is taken from 330lbs to 349lbs. The speedlimiter will be removed unless told otherwise by the customer. When programming the new BMW's we have to remove and bench flash the ECU. The price for this is $800. If you decide you want to get this done please let me know if you will be sending us the ECU or you'll be coming to our premises. With regards to your question about who's software we use, we actually read and write software on a wholesale basis for other tuning shops with which they brand it as their own product. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Thanks
Jags

Hi,
I didn't see a software upgrade for a 2004 BMW 545i on your list but I do see one for the 645. I was wondering if you have one for my car and if so, what's the hp/torque gains and cost? Also, which software tuner are you using or is this proprietary software?
Old 10-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='349183' date='Oct 26 2006, 03:02 PM
I also had email exchanges with Jags at Singh Motorsports since they are located here in the Bay Area. They also do software flashes instead of piggyback systems. Here's the email exchange (read from bottom up):

Hi Tony,
1. The whole process takes about 45-60mins (includes the removal and installation).
2. It doesn't affect the smog at all.
3. The software is totally undectable so you won't have any warranty issues.
4. The car can be put back to standard at anytime and if the dealer ever flashes the ECU back to standard we can re-flash the ECU for you, there is a charge for any of the new BMW's. The charge is $50 and the reason why we charge is because we have to remove the ECU and re-install it, the upgraded programme will always be yours (on a normal car where we can just upload it from the OBD2 port there would be no charge).
5. We have never had a problem with any software, the programme basically makes the drive how it was intended by the Europeans and all our programmes have been road tested in Europe (we also have an office in London, UK and Duisburg, Germany).
We also offer other services like suspension, intakes and wheels if your interested.
Thanks
Jags
Thanks for the info Jags. A few more follow up questions for you:
1) How long does it take if I came to your location?
2) Is this 50-state legal and will pass smog?
3) Is it detectable? I don't want to risk having my warranty voided.
4) Is it reversible?
5) If my car gets a new software upgrade from the dealer and your programming gets erased, will you redo it and at what cost?
6) Do you offer any warranties?
Thanks,
Tony

hi Tony,
we did forget to list the 545i originally but that will be changed within a couple of weeks. The 545i can be done, the gains are 21hp and the torque is taken from 330lbs to 349lbs. The speedlimiter will be removed unless told otherwise by the customer. When programming the new BMW's we have to remove and bench flash the ECU. The price for this is $800. If you decide you want to get this done please let me know if you will be sending us the ECU or you'll be coming to our premises. With regards to your question about who's software we use, we actually read and write software on a wholesale basis for other tuning shops with which they brand it as their own product. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Thanks
Jags
Hi,
I didn't see a software upgrade for a 2004 BMW 545i on your list but I do see one for the 645. I was wondering if you have one for my car and if so, what's the hp/torque gains and cost? Also, which software tuner are you using or is this proprietary software?
Great.... It would appear that I imagined I had a conversation with someone from Singh Motorsport about some piggyback system.

Oh well, I don't have the best memory in the world and my g/f beats me in my noggin all the time b/c of it. I need to watch what I say around her b/c she'll remember it forever.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Maybe your bad memory comes from the noggin beatings your girlfriend gives you. HAHAHHAHA

J/K

It's possible there's a piggyback system out there but I haven't heard about it yet.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i | Alpine White on Black | Cold Weather Pkg | Premium Sound | Sport Pkg | Navigation | Satelite | Black Powder Coated 166's | Ice Cubed Dash Kit | M-Tech | AFE Intake | Hamann Splitter | Vogtland Springs |

Thanks to cmansbimmer I will be at Eurobahn tomorrow 7:30 am having my car reprogrammed, they are less than 1 mile from my house. I will let everyone know what I think of the upgrade ASAP.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i | Alpine White on Black | Cold Weather Pkg | Premium Sound | Sport Pkg | Navigation | Satelite | Black Powder Coated 166's | Ice Cubed Dash Kit | M-Tech | AFE Intake | Hamann Splitter | Vogtland Springs |

I wanted to wait until I had a couple of days of driving with the upgrades before posting the results. First let me start by saying Jeff is probable the most professional and one of the nicest guys out there that I have dealt with on Mods, with that being said I have had a big ol smile on my face since Fridays install. I was driving a good friend of mine to a softball tournament on Saturday and he noticed a big difference right off the bat. I can tell you this was probably the best $700 I ever spent on increased hp and torque. I would highly recomend the upgrade to anyone and answer any ?s you might have that I haven't answered. Jeff is in Las Vegas all week for the SEMA Show and said he would be back in a week.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

anything from eurobahn for a 530i? ive been looking into chipping my car for a while now... and ive mostly been looking at power cuhz i havent found out about anything else until now
Old 10-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 61Mac11' post='350104' date='Oct 29 2006, 06:37 PM
I wanted to wait until I had a couple of days of driving with the upgrades before posting the results. First let me start by saying Jeff is probable the most professional and one of the nicest guys out there that I have dealt with on Mods, with that being said I have had a big ol smile on my face since Fridays install. I was driving a good friend of mine to a softball tournament on Saturday and he noticed a big difference right off the bat. I can tell you this was probably the best $700 I ever spent on increased hp and torque. I would highly recomend the upgrade to anyone and answer any ?s you might have that I haven't answered. Jeff is in Las Vegas all week for the SEMA Show and said he would be back in a week.
You know, to really know if there's any difference why not go to the next Socal Launch Meet? Present will be 545s, 550s, IS350, 330i and 335i. I'm assuming you didn't get your car dyno'ed prior to remapping so the next best thing is to do some launches. If the remapped did anything substantial then you should beat everyone there.