E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Entire hood covered by invisible bra (?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone with a comment re the practice of my dealership to cover not just the front lip of the hood, but the entire hood. Surprising, but then I really do not like the ridge of the bra on the front hood, so that is a slight advantage (for me).

Q: Any downside of covering the entire hood?

Robert

P.S. The price is reasonable and I trust my dealership (years of service and excellent results), so it does not appear to be a worthless scam to get more value for your buck.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Last car I just contacted the same subcontractor my dealership uses (Stoneguard) had them come out and put on the film at my house. It is the same material and person your dealer uses but should charge about a third less.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Contributors

Good question. I guess I may think about that also. I am curious as to which dealership recommends this, to see if mine is the same or they recommend something different. Also curious to the dealer since you have had good service. you can message me if you like. I will be talking with them on Saturday to finalize my stuff. I will let you know what they say. I was also maybe just thinking about getting the bumpers done, and not the hood, but we will see.

I know what you mean about the line. I can see it more on darker cars, but where the bra is installed, does not look as good as just the paint, so I don't know what it would look like all over the hood. Maybe I just had a bad installer on my truck.