E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eibach vs H&R

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have sport suspension, you will not be able to install sway bars.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='434407' date='Jun 11 2007, 04:26 PM
If you have sport suspension, you will not be able to install sway bars.
The car was a non-sport from the factory.

What about the M sport suspension that would prevent the installation of after market sway bars?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='434225' date='Jun 10 2007, 08:59 PM
HR are manufactured in Germany, while Eibach is a USA brand. I think made in Riverside/Irvine. Most people run HR on German cars, while Eibach is big on Japanese cars. Also, my friends who do drive Japanese cars and have eibach springs complain that they sag after a year. That's one of my main reason I went for HR.
Eibach is a German family company with it's main manufacturing plant in Finnentrop, Germany. With their international expansion over the years they indeed have a second factory in California, but it's still a German brand and the factory in California will be manufacturing exactly to the German specifications.
Eibach is not only big on Japanese cars, it's big on all cars. They might not market the USA as clever as H&R, but they are huge on all cars in Europe and other parts of the world. H&R is hardly existent in the UK, as it's not been a targetted market so far. Eibach is huge for BMW's over here.

I prefer H&R myself, plainly due to the less conservative drop the Eibachs have, but the handling of the Eibachs I run at the moment is excellent.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

Of course you can install H&R ARB's on sport suspension. The standard model has swaybars, the sport model has swaybars and the M5 has swaybars. The only difference being they get gradually thicker from standard to sport to M5. But even the M5 ones are still hollow, while the H&R ones are full material and even thicker. The original M-sport swaybars or M5 swaybars will also fit your standard car.

Harder and thicker will always have the advantage of reducing the roll while nailing the car around, but they will also reduce the margin where the car feeds back to you, that it might be on the way of loosing lateral grip.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='434432' date='Jun 11 2007, 06:42 PM
but they will also reduce the margin where the car feeds back to you, that it might be on the way of loosing lateral grip.
Thanks for the great input!

Could you please elaborate on your post that i've quoted above? Are you stating that with thicker and solid sway bars the ability to 'feel' your tail end is coming loose will be diminished? i would have thought it'll be more pronounced as it won't be confused with body roll..
Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='434442' date='Jun 11 2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the great input!

Could you please elaborate on your post that i've quoted above? Are you stating that with thicker and solid sway bars the ability to 'feel' your tail end is coming loose will be diminished? i would have thought it'll be more pronounced as it won't be confused with body roll..
See it that way, less bodyroll through corners will increase your confidence in negotiating these faster and the stiffer/thicker ARB's will allow you to do so. Nevertheless there is a physical end of lateral grip and the stiffer bars allow you to get closer to that comfortably. So the zone between starting to feel "something" and getting the back out gets smaller. That's all I meant.

The H&R bars are also adjustable, twice for the front and 3 times for the rear, so you can also pretty much decide how tail happy you want your car to be.

They definitely make for much better handling without influencing the ride comfort negatively.
I am gonna have some, too, but need to refill the "mod kitty" first, as I also want an LSD and I have the M-sport suspension with the Eibach springs so can live with it very well for the time being.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='434483' date='Jun 11 2007, 10:31 PM
...I also want an LSD...
What's LSD??
Old 06-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='434491' date='Jun 11 2007, 08:35 AM
What's LSD??
Limited Slip Differential.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='434432' date='Jun 11 2007, 01:12 AM
Of course you can install H&R ARB's on sport suspension. The standard model has swaybars, the sport model has swaybars and the M5 has swaybars. The only difference being they get gradually thicker from standard to sport to M5. But even the M5 ones are still hollow, while the H&R ones are full material and even thicker. The original M-sport swaybars or M5 swaybars will also fit your standard car.

Harder and thicker will always have the advantage of reducing the roll while nailing the car around, but they will also reduce the margin where the car feeds back to you, that it might be on the way of loosing lateral grip.
I think what MikeBuzzsaw meant was that you can't upgrade the sway bars on cars with Active Roll Stabilization. I have ARS on my 545 with Sports Package and there are no sway bars available.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='434483' date='Jun 11 2007, 05:01 AM
Nevertheless there is a physical end of lateral grip and the stiffer bars allow you to get closer to that comfortably. So the zone between starting to feel "something" and getting the back out gets smaller. That's all I meant.

The H&R bars are also adjustable, twice for the front and 3 times for the rear, so you can also pretty much decide how tail happy you want your car to be.
Agree with Olli. My buddy had CEC in Hollywood put sways bars on his M3 and they are adjustable. They recommended not putting them on the aggressive setting it could be too dangerous. While cornering on the aggressive setup, the rear end of the car will snap loose on you before you know it and it would be too late to save it. Combination struts and sway bars will tighten the supspension up real nice.

Quick Reply: Eibach vs H&R