E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eibach Pro vs. H&R Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I drive a 2008 528i (non-sport pack) and am thinking of swapping the springs to either the Eibach Pro's or H&R Sports. For those who own either, can you post your opinions, thoughts, comments etc. on the pros and cons of your setup? Pics would be a tremendous help as well as I've got a set of 20"s on the way!

Thanks in advance -- much appreciated!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Senior Members

From one non sport owner to another due the strut upgrade also, I wont trust either of the 2 springs with the stock struts especially non sports. I myself and couple others run the Koni Sport Struts and I think another runs the Koni FSD kit that includes the Eibach springs. Doing this will save on alignment costs and install costs because they'll have to take out the struts anyways and have to align the car. why do it twice.

Here is a link to my post when mine was done http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37943&hl=
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Members

Thanks for the info 525ienjoy -- much appreciated!

Do you mind sharing where you bought your Koni+Eibach setup from?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

My 550i is a non-sport version and it has Eibach Pro Kit springs. The ride is firm but comfortable enough for daily driving. I've taken it on numerous drives with lots of hard braking, turning and high speed. I'm very happy with the performance to date
Old 11-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

+1 for eibach pro-kit. and it has been said that it is the closest ride to oem quality for going with aftermarket springs. good luck.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

I'm in a similar situation (2008 528 non-sport). Some say aftermarket springs(Eibach Pro) won't have any negative effect on shock life, while others say it definitely will.

So I'm still not sure if I'm going to just get Eibach springs or struts. But I did have the Eibach Pro springs for a week and the car did handle much better. Ride was a bit stiffer, but handling was much improved.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

525enjoy- how much did the Koni strut setup cost you? Your drop looks nice- not too low, not too high.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Shamu' post='499207
525enjoy- how much did the Koni strut setup cost you? Your drop looks nice- not too low, not too high.
I got my H&R sport springs and Koni struts from Modbargains.com for about 900.00usd at the time.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Members

the_chang, while you had the Eibachs for a week, did you go over any particulary bumpy roads? If so, can you comment on the ride quality of the Eibachs on the stock struts?

Parts of downtown Vancouver has got some rough potholes and undulations, and I'd like your input/experience if you've experienced the same in SoCal...
Old 11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

There is definitely a difference. Although, I think the benefits to handling outweigh the negatives in ride comfort. It's stiff, but not to the point where it's uncomfortable.

Going over speed bumps or variations in the road was less "cushiony". You feel more connected to the road and I could take turns much faster. Each person will have a different opinion on it, but it seems that the Eibach springs are the closest to OEM.

I wouldn't worry too much about comfort. It's not uncomfortable by any means. I'd be worried about the OEM shock life. I'm leaning towards replacing them with Konis. Also, I'd consider the height of the car as well. If you have a Mtech front bumper, it may get scraped if you're not careful. So....just be careful.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro vs. H&R Sport