E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eibach Pro-Kit Install - 2008 550i with sport pkg

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got the Eibach Pro-Kit from TireRack.....(was on back order for several weeks).

Any tips on where to have installed? I live in Valley Village/North Hollywood, I am hoping there is a reputable shop nearby.

I have looked over several shops from the TireRack web site and confirmed that they can handle the job, got a wide range of price quotes (including alignment). But, no feedback or comments about spring install.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by lorinzo' post='790318' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:05 AM
Finally got the Eibach Pro-Kit from TireRack.....(was on back order for several weeks).

Any tips on where to have installed? I live in Valley Village/North Hollywood, I am hoping there is a reputable shop nearby.

I have looked over several shops from the TireRack web site and confirmed that they can handle the job, got a wide range of price quotes (including alignment). But, no feedback or comments about spring install.
take a trip down to Eurorev (it's not that far) ...or F1 is right there in Valley Village, off Magnolia (just east of Lankershim).....they should be able to help you out....,....also to te forum fellow SFV 'er (I lived in Valley Village for 6 yrs)
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

hi dude, if you have the right tools you can do itself depands how much you like getting your hands dirty, if you dont havethe spring compressors or compressor then maybe not worth it
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='790321' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:07 AM
take a trip down to Eurorev (it's not that far) ...or F1 is right there in Valley Village, off Magnolia (just east of Lankershim).....they should be able to help you out....,....also to te forum fellow SFV 'er (I lived in Valley Village for 6 yrs)

Howdy neighbor!
I hear good things about Eurorev.
Have you had work done at F1?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by lorinzo' post='790334' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:19 AM
Howdy neighbor!
I hear good things about Eurorev.
Have you had work done at F1?
Haven't heard really much about F1 nor have I had work done by them, but see a lot of their cars rolling around. I would take the time and go to eurorev. PM john@eurorev. May I ask why you chose springs and not coilovers for lowering?

***I'm still in valley village frequently as my mom is still living there....keep an eye out for you if you give a little more info about your 550
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Don't pay more than $300 including an alignment wherever you go.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='790348' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:31 AM
Haven't heard really much about F1 nor have I had work done by them, but see a lot of their cars rolling around. I would take the time and go to eurorev. PM john@eurorev. May I ask why you chose springs and not coilovers for lowering?

***I'm still in valley village frequently as my mom is still living there....keep an eye out for you if you give a little more info about your 550

I am new to posting on forum... still working on my sig.

I am also new to springs.

I consulted a buddy who has owned many BMW and others... asked what possible mods to do to my 550. He suggested Eibach springs.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lorinzo' post='790361' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:44 AM
I am new to posting on forum... still working on my sig.

I am also new to springs.

I consulted a buddy who has owned many BMW and others... asked what possible mods to do to my 550. He suggested Eibach springs.
fair enough...if/when you pm john@eurorev...ask him about coil overs also....GL

Gene
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

Originally Posted by lorinzo' post='790318' date='Feb 11 2009, 08:05 AM

PM sent

Any questions or if you need ideas, please feel free to ask or come down our shop. We normally work on an E60 everyday.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

What is the downside of only changing the springs and not shocks/struts (ie, doing a whole suspension change).

I know it is less expensive at least short term to only change springs and do alignment. What does this do to the stock shocks which have been manufactured/calibrated for the stock springs and set to ride at a certain stiffness, height.

Will this lead to premature wearing out of the shocks, or put all the weight bearing and load on the springs (since the car has been lowered) and thus the shocks are less extended (if that the correct way to say it) compared to the stock OEM springs.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit Install - 2008 550i with sport pkg