E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ECU Remap causing starter problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

I had my ECU remapped and noticed when I start my car, it turns over but longer than usual. It's like the starter is stuck and keeps trying to turn over. Also the tach meter jumps around something fierce. I am going to have it put back to stock. I would make sure any remap comes with actual tuning of the car as well. Simply changing software is probably not a good idea. I am of course no expert but know what my car sounds like.

Anyone had this issue with remapping their e60 ECU?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BlueMajik' post='578044' date='May 10 2008, 09:08 PM
I had my ECU remapped and noticed when I start my car, it turns over but longer than usual. It's like the starter is stuck and keeps trying to turn over. Also the tach meter jumps around something fierce. I am going to have it put back to stock. I would make sure any remap comes with actual tuning of the car as well. Simply changing software is probably not a good idea. I am of course no expert but know what my car sounds like.

I would take it back to Jesse and have him remap it to stock or remap it again. So far I haven't had any problem's "knock on wood". I know for a fact that Jesse will be happy to do either or...
Old 05-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Old 05-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

did you notice an increase in power??? You left too quick today... i didnt get a chance to take a ride in your car after the remap...!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by leggomysakyo' post='578077' date='May 10 2008, 11:48 PM
did you notice an increase in power??? You left too quick today... i didnt get a chance to take a ride in your car after the remap...!
i'm sure you feel even better deciding not to get it today!

save the $ for the mtech!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='578081' date='May 10 2008, 11:55 PM
i'm sure you feel even better deciding not to get it today!

save the $ for the mtech!
you read my mind!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Contributors

thx for the bbq sticks today! they were yummy!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Oriental Metallic Blue Sports and Premium Package L7 Sound

I checked with some other guys with other car makers who have done it before, typically, this entire process involves flashing followed by fine tuning it further to match your cars performance. Not forgetting there is dyno before and after the process. I understand what we are paying is just for 1 step of the process. Every car is unique and different, so it might need some minor adjustments. I am not sure why some people are facing this problems and others are not but this could be a potential cause.
When you do this type of jobs, I guess there are bond to be compartibility issues with some cars. However, I don't think it is not fixable. Jessie seems to be a nice enough guy to look at it again. Just my 2 cents worth.
Liking it so far... Lets see how it goes.

Glad that you guys liked the BBQ sticks.... no problem at all. really fun meeting you guys there yesterday.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by my545jjes' post='578185' date='May 11 2008, 07:22 AM
I checked with some other guys with other car makers who have done it before, typically, this entire process involves flashing followed by fine tuning it further to match your cars performance. Not forgetting there is dyno before and after the process. I understand what we are paying is just for 1 step of the process. Every car is unique and different, so it might need some minor adjustments. I am not sure why some people are facing this problems and others are not but this could be a potential cause.
When you do this type of jobs, I guess there are bond to be compartibility issues with some cars. However, I don't think it is not fixable. Jessie seems to be a nice enough guy to look at it again. Just my 2 cents worth.
Liking it so far... Lets see how it goes.

Glad that you guys liked the BBQ sticks.... no problem at all. really fun meeting you guys there yesterday.
sorry bro, here you are rightfully concerned about your remap.......and i'm talkin' about bbq sticks!!

all those guys at EuroRev are stand up guys, as you know........so they'll take care of you either way!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Oriental Metallic Blue Sports and Premium Package L7 Sound

No worries Sir....

I love it too.
Do come down to the "Indonesian Pasar Pagi (Morning Market-direct translation)" at Duarte Inn, Duarte every Saturday from 11am-1pm (food will be sold out after 1pm!!!). There is much varieties than just BBQ sticks....

Quick Reply: ECU Remap causing starter problems