E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ECU REMAP ON 520d M SPORT

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Hi. Thought I'd share my experience on my soon to be remapped 2006 520d! A mate recomended it after having his 330d done a few years back. Although i didn't see much point when i first got the car six months ago i now feel I needs more power. I am not normally the type to take a risk like this- handing my pride and joy over to someone thinking of all the things that could go wrong with it. But i decided to look into it anyway and after having done several weeks of research I went and saw Jason at B&W Chiptune, in Hounslow today. It was easy to tell that Jason, the owner, knew his stuff and after reading other posts about Jason I felt reassured enough to book the car in tomorrow.

He advised me of the best remap pushing the BHP from 163 to 210 and better mpg. It will be done tomorrow so I will post the results this weekend!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520D SE

I also have a 520d so let me know how it goes...im thinking of a remap but im happy with the Sprintbooster for now...
Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

So the remap is done and what a result! Well worth the money and definately improved throttle response and power.

It took about 3 and half hours from when I dropped the car off. Went back to the garage before I recieved a call from Jason. When I got back the car was just being finished off and still had to be test driven. Jason took the wheel and what a drive. Sitting in the passenger seat it was hard to keep the grin off my face while he floored it and I was pushed back in the seat. Jason told me he had done the remap to give improved power, torque and mpg. He mentioned he had found a brake error code which he had cleared but everything else was straightforward and even said he would make the alarm beep once when locking the car and twice when opening it.

All in all I am chuffed with the results but need to do mpg check so I will add these results once I have done this. If your considering doing a remap then just do it and my advice would be go and see Jason. I was very skeptical about doing anything to the most expensive car I have purchased but am glad I did. Even my wife is happy with the results and wants to drive instead of being chaufered about.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 523i M-Sport

Congrats buddy, sounds like you had a great experience!

Would be nice to get it on the rollers for an Actual BHP Check & Keep us updated on your MPG results.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by jas_r_1' post='858511' date='Apr 25 2009, 05:39 PM
So the remap is done and what a result! Well worth the money and definately improved throttle response and power.

It took about 3 and half hours from when I dropped the car off. Went back to the garage before I recieved a call from Jason. When I got back the car was just being finished off and still had to be test driven. Jason took the wheel and what a drive. Sitting in the passenger seat it was hard to keep the grin off my face while he floored it and I was pushed back in the seat. Jason told me he had done the remap to give improved power, torque and mpg. He mentioned he had found a brake error code which he had cleared but everything else was straightforward and even said he would make the alarm beep once when locking the car and twice when opening it.

All in all I am chuffed with the results but need to do mpg check so I will add these results once I have done this. If your considering doing a remap then just do it and my advice would be go and see Jason. I was very skeptical about doing anything to the most expensive car I have purchased but am glad I did. Even my wife is happy with the results and wants to drive instead of being chaufered about.
congrats, can i ask what it cost? if you dont mind
Old 04-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='858573' date='Apr 25 2009, 09:24 PM
congrats, can i ask what it cost? if you dont mind
I'm actually happy with the M57D20TU engine.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

do you know what he can do for a 525d ? what figures he can get out of that?

does having a remap done void warranty?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

No idea on figures for a 525 but give him a bell on 07831 10 30 30 or check out his website www.bwchiptune.co.uk. It cost ?300 - I was originally quoted ?350 but once I mentioned I was registered on a forum he reduced it to ?300.

I did ask about the warranty as I've still got warranty left. Jason advised that BMW won't see it as unless they are specifically looking for this being done, which would invole sending certain figures or something to Germany.

I'm keen to get the figures checked out - any ideas on where this could be done?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

id love to have this done

im just scared if my engine did blow up and needed replacing they would work out i had this done and my warranty would be void leaving me payin for a new engine
Old 04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Contributors

AWESOME

Quick Reply: ECU REMAP ON 520d M SPORT