E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

earthquake speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 03:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

HI,

Could someone please tell me if i will be able to fit Earthquake FC 5.2 speakers (and tweaters) into front doors instead of standart OEM speakers? Or do i need FC 4.2? I really dont want to take off door panel.
cheers
Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i titanium grey 6 speed manual with light grey interior. Nav, L7, cold weather, sport, sat. Modifications: suede headliner, pianno black interior trim, Ipod dock, Mtech front bumper, Angel Eyes, and flat black kidney grills.
Talking

Originally Posted by biotoxic' post='652081' date='Aug 22 2008, 04:25 AM
HI,

Could someone please tell me if i will be able to fit Earthquake FC 5.2 speakers (and tweaters) into front doors instead of standart OEM speakers? Or do i need FC 4.2? I really dont want to take off door panel.
cheers

One of my vendors just released this info on a speaker set for our cars.

"With modern cars coming fitted with a wider variety of speaker configurations it is often the difficult job of installers to find suitable component packages to fit. This is where CDT Audio?s wide range of drivers and x-overs can be of great assistance.

Many of the new BMW range, 1-Series, 3-Series & 6-Series for starters come as standard with a mid-bass driver located under the seat, a mid-range in the door, and dependant on specification a tweeter in the mirror back. CDT offer a fantastic solution to install into this car, the HD632S, consisting of a 6? mid-bass, with shallow enough mounting depth to fit into the enclosure under the seat, a 3? mid-range that fits simply into the door location, and a tweeter that will fit into the mirror back. All of this comes packaged with the EX-30 3-way x-over which offers enough adjustability to integrate the drivers.

All in all this speaker system sounds fantastic, with increased output, clarity and natural sound that we have come to expect from CDT.?
Attached Thumbnails earthquake speakers...-hd_632s_bm_1_1_.gif  
Old 08-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thedreamshop' post='652496' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:50 PM

"With modern cars coming fitted with a wider variety of speaker configurations it is often the difficult job of installers to find suitable component packages to fit. This is where CDT Audio?s wide range of drivers and x-overs can be of great assistance.

Many of the new BMW range, 1-Series, 3-Series & 6-Series for starters come as standard with a mid-bass driver located under the seat, a mid-range in the door, and dependant on specification a tweeter in the mirror back. CDT offer a fantastic solution to install into this car, the HD632S, consisting of a 6? mid-bass, with shallow enough mounting depth to fit into the enclosure under the seat, a 3? mid-range that fits simply into the door location, and a tweeter that will fit into the mirror back. All of this comes packaged with the EX-30 3-way x-over which offers enough adjustability to integrate the drivers.

All in all this speaker system sounds fantastic, with increased output, clarity and natural sound that we have come to expect from CDT.?
So what is an estimate of that setup for an 5 series?? Does it work fine with factory amp or do have to update the amp also??

Thanks
Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

My installer told me 5 1/4 work in the doors. I'll find out for sure next weekend. I am looking at the JL Audio line, VR-525, I think.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by thedreamshop' post='652496' date='Aug 22 2008, 06:50 PM

these look nice
Old 08-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Members

Thank's guy's for help. I have attached pic of measurments for FC 5.25. Will this help? I really need to know if i can fit these before taking doors apart
Attached Thumbnails earthquake speakers...-img_1878a.jpg  
Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by biotoxic' post='654587' date='Aug 26 2008, 03:37 PM
Thank's guy's for help. I have attached pic of measurments for FC 5.25. Will this help? I really need to know if i can fit these before taking doors apart

bump..... anyone?