E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E65 DVD changer for the E60

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I've have seen an E65 (7 Series) DVD changer for sale and was wondering if it would work with our Pro Nav system in the E60.

Looking at the back of it, it's got a two hole MOST optical slot, which is great, as thats available on the Pro Nav. If I understand correctly, the picture and sound is sent over this to the ACM.

And I'm guessing the plug is just for power and maybe some other minor function.

No recoding required?

I need to know pretty quickly, otherwise the guy will move it on. You can pick them up pretty cheap.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Members

Wow. Either I smell or I asked something really stupid.

My simple query is the only one left unanswered on the first page of the forum today.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

You should not expect answers on the same day you make the thread. Also if you poke the thread too much then people just ignore you. Most of this forum is read by people in the US so you need to give them time to get home relax and then answer. If after a day if you don't get a response then, it normally means that its not a normal question, or one that is so silly that people would expect you to have searched for the answer yourself.

Now coming to your question.

I don't know if the 7 series changer will work or not but I can bet that it will need coding. The MOST bus is programmed to only talk and listen to devices that the car is 'aware' off. Doing this increases the response time on the bus. Also you will need some way to control the DVD changer, so will need some options on the iDrive.
I know for a fact that the car doesn't like two CD changers on the MOST bus and if you wanted to add a boot CD changer from the other BMWs that are mp3 compatible you would need to remove the CDC in the glove.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I can sell you my cd changer.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Members

Thanks for the response guys.

I don't care for the CDC, if I replace it with the DVDC more than likely that should have MP3. also I will be coding the car once only after I've done all my mods.

Hopefully it will work, as when looking at DVDC on realoem, they only had one version for both E60 and E65. Nothing for the E90 though.

I'll keep u guys posted.