E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Supercharger, exhaust, intake & programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyone producing these items for the E60? Dinan wants over $1000 for a muffler...? Never heard a muffler offered as a "replacement" to the oem exhaust.

Coyote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I spoke to Dinan last week. $1,399 for exhaust--pricey. Available in a month.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

The Dinan "muffler" probably is a standard cat-back exhaust system including connected high-quality tubing and tips--as with B&B and the others. All cat-back exhaust systems for all cars are just mufflers and connected high quality tubing and tips and seem overly expensive, although Dinan always will be near the top in the BMW arena.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 11:19 AM
I spoke to Dinan last week.? $1,399 for exhaust--pricey.? Available in a month.
[snapback]174754[/snapback]
What else did Dinan say will be out in a month? At least an intake I hope.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:11 AM
[quote name='stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 11:19 AM']I spoke to Dinan last week.? $1,399 for exhaust--pricey.? Available in a month.
[snapback]174754[/snapback]
What else did Dinan say will be out in a month? At least an intake I hope.
[snapback]174761[/snapback]
[/quote]

They didn't mention anything else, but I only asked about the exhaust, so there might be other items.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:09 AM
The Dinan "muffler" probably is a standard cat-back exhaust system including connected high-quality tubing and tips--as with B&B and the others. All cat-back exhaust systems for all cars are just mufflers and connected high quality tubing and tips and seem overly expensive, although Dinan always will be near the top in the BMW arena.
[snapback]174759[/snapback]
I asked if it was a cat back system and they said no, since the 545i has a resonator that they don't remove/replace--it's just a muffler and tips.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:21 PM
[quote name='donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:09 AM']The Dinan "muffler" probably is a standard cat-back exhaust system including connected high-quality tubing and tips--as with B&B and the others. All cat-back exhaust systems for all cars are just mufflers and connected high quality tubing and tips and seem overly expensive, although Dinan always will be near the top in the BMW arena.
I asked if it was a cat back system and they said no, since the 545i has a resonator that they don't remove/replace--it's just a muffler and tips.
[snapback]174765[/snapback]
[/quote]That's interesting. They must want it to be quieter than the rest. Supposedly, at the end of September, Dinan was going to have, in addition to the lightweight flywheel and trottle body, at least an intake and, apparently, a muffler, tubing to tips, and tips. Eventually, they are supposed to have a MAF and programming.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:34 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:21 PM'][quote name='donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:09 AM']The Dinan "muffler" probably is a standard cat-back exhaust system including connected high-quality tubing and tips--as with B&B and the others. All cat-back exhaust systems for all cars are just mufflers and connected high quality tubing and tips and seem overly expensive, although Dinan always will be near the top in the BMW arena.
[/quote]That's interesting. They must want it to be quieter than the rest. Supposedly, at the end of September, Dinan was supposed to have, in addition to the lightweight flywheel and trottle body, at least an intake and, apparently, a muffler, tubing to tips, and tips. Eventually, they are supposed to have a MAF and programming.
[snapback]174792[/snapback]
[/quote]

As far as I know, none of the sport exhausts available for the 545i (B&B, Remus, Eisenmann, etc.) are cat back systems--all are just mufflers and tips.

Several forum members have these exhausts. Anybody who has them--are they cat back systems or just mufflers and tips?
Old 09-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 05:19 PM
[quote name='donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:34 PM'][quote name='stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:21 PM'][quote name='donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:09 AM']The Dinan "muffler" probably is a standard cat-back exhaust system including connected high-quality tubing and tips--as with B&B and the others. All cat-back exhaust systems for all cars are just mufflers and connected high quality tubing and tips and seem overly expensive, although Dinan always will be near the top in the BMW arena.
[/quote]That's interesting. They must want it to be quieter than the rest. Supposedly, at the end of September, Dinan was supposed to have, in addition to the lightweight flywheel and trottle body, at least an intake and, apparently, a muffler, tubing to tips, and tips. Eventually, they are supposed to have a MAF and programming.
[/quote]

As far as I know, none of the sport exhausts available for the 545i (B&B, Remus, Eisenmann, etc.) are cat back systems--all are just mufflers and tips.

Several forum members have these exhausts. Anybody who has them--are they cat back systems or just mufflers and tips?
[snapback]174851[/snapback]
[/quote]
My B&B is cat back. That is, both mufflers/resonators are gone, and there is nothing between the B&B exhaust and the cats. I mostly assumed that the others are cat backs since I never dreamed anyone would leave a factory muffler in the system. But, Dinan, knows what it is doing, and probably there is not much more HP to be gained by eliminating the other resonator.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 03:35 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 05:19 PM'][quote name='donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:34 PM'][quote name='stream' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:21 PM'][quote name='donv' date='Sep 25 2005, 10:09 AM']The Dinan "muffler" probably is a standard cat-back exhaust system including connected high-quality tubing and tips--as with B&B and the others. All cat-back exhaust systems for all cars are just mufflers and connected high quality tubing and tips and seem overly expensive, although Dinan always will be near the top in the BMW arena.
[/quote]

[snapback]174851[/snapback]
[/quote]
My B&B is cat back. That is, both mufflers/resonators are gone, and there is nothing between the B&B exhaust and the cats. I mostly assumed that the others are cat backs since I never dreamed anyone would leave a factory muffler in the system. But, Dinan, knows what it is doing, and probably there is not much more HP to be gained by eliminating the other resonator.
[snapback]174864[/snapback]
[/quote]

Your B&B must be different than the one they show on their website, and the one that I'm familiar with. The one on their site is described by them as a "direct replacement muffler" and as the pic on their site shows is not a cat back system.
http://www.bbexhaust.com/New/auto-fl...?page=e60.html

Where did you get yours? I'd be interested in seeing pix of their cat back system--do you have any of yours?

Quick Reply: E60 Supercharger, exhaust, intake & programming