5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   E60 sport seat retrofit (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/e60-sport-seat-retrofit-153790/)

JovicskaM57 03-09-2024 12:08 AM

E60 sport seat retrofit

Hello guys! I have a bmw e60 525d auto from 2006.
it has leather seats full electric (no supports just the plain seat) it is heated and driver side is memory. I bought the sport seats they have thigh support, no heating, and right hand drive (so the right seat has the memory) i have installed them, but didn't even budge... any ideas how can i get it work? I know i need new switch for left side to have memory option. And can i install seat heating from old-to new?

neilv 03-13-2024 08:25 AM

Needs to have wiring added for the controls thru the BUS system; Many threads and how-to's out there.

Heating is attached to the foam of the seats and considering the seats are different shapes/options you wont be able to swap the foams.

JovicskaM57 03-21-2024 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by neilv (Post 1621046)
Needs to have wiring added for the controls thru the BUS system; Many threads and how-to's out there.

Heating is attached to the foam of the seats and considering the seats are different shapes/options you wont be able to swap the foams.

i didn't find anythimg... can i move it with inpa? And can i somehow add the heating function to it? Got the seats cheap and are in good condition. Need some wiring diagram but can't find anything sadly...

neilv 03-21-2024 09:37 AM

If you had full power w/ mem seats before then yes ISTA/INPA should be able to move it when plugged in.

There are diagrams out there just remember there is 3 versions. up to 09/2005, 09/05 to the end of 2007 and then 08 to 10.

To add heating(factory) you will have to remove the leather seat covers, replace the foam sections with ones with the heating attached) then add the wiring/connectors to the front connector under the seat

JovicskaM57 03-28-2024 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by neilv (Post 1621137)
If you had full power w/ mem seats before then yes ISTA/INPA should be able to move it when plugged in.

There are diagrams out there just remember there is 3 versions. up to 09/2005, 09/05 to the end of 2007 and then 08 to 10.

To add heating(factory) you will have to remove the leather seat covers, replace the foam sections with ones with the heating attached) then add the wiring/connectors to the front connector under the seat

So i got some info. I have the seat switch, from s switch there goes a cable to SZM module, SZM to seat module. Right? Also i didn't find any diagrams. Can someone help me out? I need all 3 of the written aboves in one diagram.
btw im going to order new foam with heating elements.

deadrabbits 04-09-2024 06:45 PM

I just retrofit full electric with memory sport seats into my 2005 525i and it was plug and play. I had the base seats that were electric with memory and non heated. No coding or wiring changes. I used the seat modules that came with the sport seats.