E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Navigation pro Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Hi,
If I am duplicating any "happy ending" previous Thread, please refer / point me to that Thread.

Project Scope:
Upgrade the Current M-ASK , 6.5" on board monitor to the CCC Navigation pro version with the 8.8" on Board Monitor.

What I have:
VIN: CB86255
BMW E60 525xi
iDrive, 6.5" On Board Monitor, M-ASK, BT,....etc

Research:
I looked up 2 paths:
A-Purchase a retrofit Kit ( $5000+ ) PN# 65900397300 & 65900413216.
B-Purchase parts one by one depending on ETK V12 and realoem.com

Preparation:
-CCC PN# 65839123088
-8.8" on Board Monitor PN#65829193757
-CCC Fan harness / cable.
-Navigation MIC and cable.
-After market GPS Antenna with the blue connector cable.
-DASHBOARD COVER PN#51456951026
-Coding using BMW SSS Progman V39 and DIS V57 GT1 OPS.
-Navigation retrofit kit Installation instructions SA 609 (Attached), will need cables A & E and follow steps in pages : 11, 13, 15 & 16.

Now, Any feedback, comment, Suggestion is highly appreciated.

My Questions:
-Did any one went through similar project?

-Any one can tell me what is the PN# of the fan Cable / harness ( E cable) and the navigation MIC cable ( A cable )

-Any one want to sell any of the retrofit kits mentions above with "reasonable price" ? let me know, I will buy.

I did read several threads but with "no happy ending" mostly they miss the fan cable, navigation MIC and coding part.

Thanks in advance guys!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
e60navretro.pdf (1.05 MB, 868 views)
Old 08-17-2012, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Take a look... how deep the rabbit hole goes: https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...tallation-log/
Old 08-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Take a look... how deep the rabbit hole goes: https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...tallation-log/
The link is to the new/current CIC (2010+) retrofit - a much more involved procedure than a m-ask to CCC upgrade path. There have been quite a few upgrades to CCC over the years. As coding tools, such as Winkfp, NCS Expert, SSS/Progman, etc have entered the domain of the casual enthusiast, the costs to retofit have gone down dramatically. Those who have successfully upgraded to CIC tend to unload their CCC units at a fraction of the cost. The main things needed are the 8.8 monitor, the CCC cd/dvd unit, iDrive controller "high" (can use m-ask controller low with coding), mics, fan/harness cable (a member here has made an alterntative to obtaining from BMW), the GPS antenna, and trim piece. Check out www.bmwcoding.com. I write this from my mobile phone, but when I get to a desktop I'll find some CCC upgade threads.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Members

Long Story Short, The CCC retrofit needs more work and more parts if the car didn't have the option SA 609, which I didn't mind, however I never found the part number for cables A and E mentioned in the retrofit installation PDF.

Plan changed to CIC Upgrade.

Just ordered my new CIC kit from bimmer-tech.net ( Patryk).

There are a decent number of posts / threads about CIC upgrade, mine will be tilted "keep it simple with pictures" (I hope).

I am glad to have a GPS Antenna ( no need to remove the shark Tale fin Antenna ) as I was able to check the connected cables to that Antenna through removing the center rear overhead roof piece ( See pictures).

I will need to run the GPS cable from the trunk to the CIC back, Any one got some PDF / pictures about how to route that?
Attached Thumbnails E60 Navigation pro Upgrade-gps-antenna.jpg   E60 Navigation pro Upgrade-gps-antenna-diagram.png  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

My change from MASK to CCC was a piece of cake! Total cost was around 1000. Two trim panels and a antenna along with the CCC system. Coded S609 changed a few language options and it was complete. I don't have the mic though.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Members

.................................................. ...................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
e60navretro.pdf (1.05 MB, 440 views)

Last edited by retrofit; 10-02-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I just went with the aftermarket antenna and placed it the in the center IP speaker opening under the grill.

I am interested in the mic option. I used to have the bluetooth voice command but with the upgrade I lost it. So I guess I need the a new mic. I'm not sure if I would use the mic for the nav since I don't use it in the our X5 CIC system. Maybe because I don't drive this car a lot. But I did use the bluetooth for the phone.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Members

The Upgrade is NOT Complete

The USB is still not working.
I am getting a new SOS error message.
The Seller is not responding.

Last edited by retrofit; 10-02-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I just went with the aftermarket antenna and placed it the in the center IP speaker opening under the grill.

I am interested in the mic option. I used to have the bluetooth voice command but with the upgrade I lost it. So I guess I need the a new mic. I'm not sure if I would use the mic for the nav since I don't use it in the our X5 CIC system. Maybe because I don't drive this car a lot. But I did use the bluetooth for the phone.

.................................................. ...............................................

Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by retrofit
Long Story Short, The CCC retrofit needs more work and more parts if the car didn't have the option SA 609, which I didn't mind, however I never found the part number for cables A and E mentioned in the retrofit installation PDF.

Plan changed to CIC Upgrade.

Just ordered my new CIC kit from bimmer-tech.net ( Patryk).

There are a decent number of posts / threads about CIC upgrade, mine will be tilted "keep it simple with pictures" (I hope).

I am glad to have a GPS Antenna ( no need to remove the shark Tale fin Antenna ) as I was able to check the connected cables to that Antenna through removing the center rear overhead roof piece ( See pictures).

I will need to run the GPS cable from the trunk to the CIC back, Any one got some PDF / pictures about how to route that?
Never mind....

Quick Reply: E60 Navigation pro Upgrade