E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 LCI Taillights with RWC Blackout Mod - Review anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 03:13 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E60 LCI Taillights with RWC Blackout Mod - Review anyone?

Hey guys,

So I'm looking at getting a set of E60 LCI Taillights with the RWC Blackout mod, and I just wanted to see if anyone (who have them) were able to review them quickly?

I'm currently a bit half half about it, given that I've heard rumours that they are quite dim during both the day/night time.

To me, these taillights look AMAZING when off (i.e. when the car is parked), but I have not seen any pictures/videos of how they are when they are on (during daylight).

Just wondering if anyone could provide their 2 cents on these taillights. How happy are you with the brightness of the rods during the day? If you were to make the decision all over again, would you purchase these taillights again? Have you had any other issues with them?

Any feedback (via either this thread or PM) is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

- v.

Last edited by mrdunu; 08-04-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Here are two videos we created over the past few months. One is during the day, the other is at night. It should be noted that my car has the Ricky Brake effect modded to it so my braking effect is different from OEM.

Apparently there have been some rumors circulating that the RWC Blackout mod makes the taillights drastically less effective during the day...that is not the case. We have done over 50 sets since the mod was created last fall....I havent had a single complaint regarding performance.

To address your concerns I will try to create a third video this week, but my project #PoisonIvy build has my car inoperable right now...

Old 08-05-2013, 01:48 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
It should be noted that my car has the Ricky Brake effect modded to it so my braking effect is different from OEM.

Apparently there have been some rumors circulating that the RWC Blackout mod makes the taillights drastically less effective during the day...that is not the case. We have done over 50 sets since the mod was created last fall....I havent had a single complaint regarding performance.
Thank you for your reply Chris.

I'm currently in the market for a modded set of Euro Spec LCI Tails that enables the Ricky Effect

To address your concerns I will try to create a third video this week, but my project #PoisonIvy build has my car inoperable right now...
That would be great if you could! As per my previous post, I'm on the fence with the RWC Blackout Mod at the moment, and I'd like to have the dimness issue clarified before I pull the trigger.

I anticipate your video response. Thanks again!

- v.

Last edited by mrdunu; 08-05-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
New Members

Hi Chris,

I've managed to find a Video by doing a quick google search!

http://vimeo.com/61444241#

Is this still your current version of the RWC Blackout Mod?

They seem rather dim =/

Last edited by mrdunu; 08-05-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

hard to tell from the quality of the video, he also has the brake effect. ill try to find time this week to shoot a video for you....but again, i cannot stress enough that we have sold over 50 sets w/o a single complaint on the performance/luminosity of the light.

im not trying to 'sell' you on the mod....rather attempting to combat any undue or unnecessary description of the lights as 'dim' during operation....others who are or will be strongly considering the mod in the future should not be misinformed in that light.

shoot me an email if you like and we can discus further offline...but the RWC Blackout mod is not dim during operation, you are actually the first person to raise this to our attention as a potential concern. Thanks!

chris@republicwraps.com

Originally Posted by mrdunu
Hi Chris,

I've managed to find a Video by doing a quick google search!

E60 LCI Tailights vid 3 on Vimeo

Is this still your current version of the RWC Blackout Mod?

They seem rather dim =/
Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

I have this mod on my car and no way are they dimmer than stock.
The rods actually show up much brighter when off or on in daylight or dark.
I can personally attest to this!!
I have the Ricky brake effect as well but I don't think it makes a difference as far as brightness,
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 AM
New Members

hard to tell from the quality of the video, he also has the brake effect. ill try to find time this week to shoot a video for you....but again, i cannot stress enough that we have sold over 50 sets w/o a single complaint on the performance/luminosity of the light.
Originally Posted by deansimpson
I have this mod on my car and no way are they dimmer than stock.
The rods actually show up much brighter when off or on in daylight or dark.
I can personally attest to this!!
I have the Ricky brake effect as well but I don't think it makes a difference as far as brightness,
Hi Dean,

Are you able to take a quick video of how the rods illuminate during the day? I'd like to see how they look using a 'normal' camera (i.e. without boosting the ISO to give a perceived illumination)

PS Chris: This thread is not meant to be a personal attack to your business. I can really only go by what I read on the forums, as I live in Australia. I am unfortunate enough to not be able to see these beautiful lights in person ;(

Last edited by mrdunu; 08-06-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 PM
New Members

/email]
Hi Chris,

Was there any luck in taking that quick video of the rods?

Last edited by mrdunu; 08-09-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Senior Members

sorry man, i havent forgotten. its just been a crazy week...we had 3 cars in today alone. i will try to get it done this weekend for you....
Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 AM
New Members

sorry man, i havent forgotten. its just been a crazy week...we had 3 cars in today alone. i will try to get it done this weekend for you....
Wow, that's quite an achievement!

Thanks Chris!

Quick Reply: E60 LCI Taillights with RWC Blackout Mod - Review anyone?