E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 LCI Fog lights H8 (Size)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been trying to figure out if I should keep my fog lights and use them as my DRL by replacing them with a ultra bright white LED or HID. I am still going back and forth on which is better but from what I've read HID is the way to go. I believe the correct size for fog lights on an E60 LCI is H8. Am I mistaken? I am looking into purchasing this.

Sorry for my ignorance in the matter. I am very new to this but enjoying finding ways to mod the car and learning a lot already just from this forum.

Thanks for any tips!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, H8 is the correct bulbs for E60 LCI halogen headlight version. I read somewhere that xenon adaptive headlights use 9006? (not sure on this as mine is halogen headlight)

I'd personally recommend you not to go with ijdmtoy coz I've personally walked in to their store and I've seen their HID kits (both installed and uninstalled) in person, my friend got them installed on his pre-LCI E60 because they gave him a free installation coz they wanted E60 pictures. And I personally think you don't get the quality of the price you paid for (maybe just me).

I'd say go with ddmtuning slim ballast (really high quality kits and really low price highly recommended by me ), or motorcepts' HID kits (a lot of members are happy with it), or from theretrofitsource (recommended by the genius Simon aka nomis_nech ).

But of course, the final decision is yours to make. Good luck though.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Members

btw, if you wanna see the pictures of my car with ddmtuning kits installed, feel free to shoot me a PM including your email address, and I'll send you the pictures (taken with cell phone so not so good but you'll get an idea)
I just don't wanna go through the troubles of uploading pictures on another website and insert it here on the forum and all that.
Anyone suggest me an easy way of inserting pictures? I've done a few newbie(CHEAP) mods and if anyone is interested, I can post them
Old 10-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the info about the bulb and the info about ijdmtoy. I appreciate it.

I contacted them and asked a few questions but they didn't get to answer all of my questions so wasn't the best sales rep. I have dealt with so far. I'll give ddmtuning a look.

Thanks again for the tips.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

I dont recommend getting the slim ballasts as they do not work well. We sell the HID kits MADE for BMWs. Feel free to contact us.

If you have MSport front bumper, u need 9006. If you have regular bumper, you need H8.

Thanks

John
Old 10-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
I dont recommend getting the slim ballasts as they do not work well. We sell the HID kits MADE for BMWs. Feel free to contact us.

If you have MSport front bumper, u need 9006. If you have regular bumper, you need H8.

Thanks

John
Thanks for the heads up. Sent you a PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by iamnatio
Thanks for the info about the bulb and the info about ijdmtoy. I appreciate it.

I contacted them and asked a few questions but they didn't get to answer all of my questions so wasn't the best sales rep. I have dealt with so far. I'll give ddmtuning a look.

Thanks again for the tips.
They don't know shit man.
I went there and I was given many confusing answers, so finally I pointed out a bulb that I thought might fit our halogen Angel Eye bulbs AND THEY MODIFY THEIR FITMENT DESCRIPTION ON THE WEB RIGHT AWAY. The guy also tested out a pair of LED signal lights on my cars saying if it works, he'd give me half price, but turned out giving me an error message on iDrive (my car hadn't got coded by then).

Btw, John, I don't mean to argue with you or anything, I know you're a lighting guru for BMW's.
But FYI, slim ballasts from ddmtuning works PERFECTLY on my car(didn't even give me error code). My brother had 'em on his E39 for 2 years(his car was recently totaled) and never had ANY problem.

I personally just think HID kits elsewhere are way too overpriced. (just sayin')