E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Halo Ring Light Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:56 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D 2008 E60
Default E60 Halo Ring Light Replacement

Hi...

I've read a number of post with regards to the replacement light bulb for the Halo Ring light.

I would like to change it to a brighter and "white" ring light but confused on what to do.

Can I just replace the "bulb" with a higher power white light bulb or do I need to get something else (like balast or HID kit or something) in order to get that white Halo ring light?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Give us more specific info about your car like what kind of headlight (Halogen or Xenon) & the build year (pre-LCI or LCI model) as they are using different kind of bulb so basically there 4 different kind of bulbs depending on the kind/model.

Those specific are related i.e. pre-LCI AE are not design to be as bright as LCI AE so during the day still not as visible and the Xenon headlight has better design compare to the Halogen headlight.

Further more only LCI Xenon headlight model use HID kit for the AE Halo ring light.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Give us more specific info about your car like what kind of headlight (Halogen or Xenon) & the build year (pre-LCI or LCI model) as they are using different kind of bulb so basically there 4 different kind of bulbs depending on the kind/model.

Those specific are related i.e. pre-LCI AE are not design to be as bright as LCI AE so during the day still not as visible and the Xenon headlight has better design compare to the Halogen headlight.

Further more only LCI Xenon headlight model use HID kit for the AE Halo ring light.
Oh.. Thanks for the reply.

I've recently just got a 520D (end 2008) Automatic..

At the moment the headlights are all "normal" ones with yellow lights both the ring and the main light.

Would like to have "white" halo ring light and do not want to change anything on the main beam. I tried driving IN FRONT of a bright white light car and has been cursing them all these while )

Thanks again... As you can see, still a noob...
Old 05-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

All E60 has 'normal' headlight, not sure what you mean by that as I mentioned before there are different kind of headlights from the factory so when in doubt take a close up pic of your headlight and post up.

There are many kind 'white' colored bulbs and there are 4 different kind of E60 headlights so you have to know which one that will fit your headlight.

Originally Posted by ah_heng
Oh.. Thanks for the reply.

I've recently just got a 520D (end 2008) Automatic..

At the moment the headlights are all "normal" ones with yellow lights both the ring and the main light.

Would like to have "white" halo ring light and do not want to change anything on the main beam. I tried driving IN FRONT of a bright white light car and has been cursing them all these while )

Thanks again... As you can see, still a noob...
Old 05-16-2013, 05:05 AM
New Members

All E60 has 'normal' headlight, not sure what you mean by that as I mentioned before there are different kind of headlights from the factory so when in doubt take a close up pic of your headlight and post up.

There are many kind 'white' colored bulbs and there are 4 different kind of E60 headlights so you have to know which one that will fit your headlight.
I guess this pic won't help

Again, thanks.. Will expoore further under the bonet and will upload more pics... I was hoping that all I need to do is just get the right bulb and change it

image hosting services
Old 05-16-2013, 05:24 AM
Members
Senior Members

Look like what you have is LCI Halogen headlight so there are various kind of bulb for particular fitment like in eBay (among others) just make sure it's for LCI Halogen fitment 'cuz other kind will not fit.

I guess this pic won't help

Again, thanks.. Will expoore further under the bonet and will upload more pics... I was hoping that all I need to do is just get the right bulb and change it

[... pic ...]
Old 05-16-2013, 05:36 AM
New Members

Look like what you have is LCI Halogen headlight so there are various kind of bulb for particular fitment like in eBay (among others) just make sure it's for LCI Halogen fitment 'cuz other kind will not fit.
Is something like this works? Do I just unplug the old bulb and replace with this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E60-E6...-/221043016952

And why the pre-LCI bulbs are so much cheaper than the LCI ones.. hehehe... asked too much am I?

Thanks Blasti...

Last edited by ah_heng; 05-16-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

According to the description yes. Yes it should be a straight replacement bulb.
The pre-LCI bulbs are cheaper 'cuz older and been around longer and less bright.

Is something like this works? Do I just unplug the old bulb and replace with this?

BMW E60 E61 LCI Facelift 2008 2009 HALOGEN ANGEL EYE EYES LED HALO RINGS WHITE | eBay

And why the pre-LCI bulbs are so much cheaper than the LCI ones.. hehehe... asked too much am I?

Thanks Blasti...
Old 05-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Because I am blunt like that, I am going to tell you to don't bother. If your end goal is for nice and visible angel eyes during the day like the newer BMWs, you ARE asking for too much.

Any bulb replacements, while they will look good at night, they'll be hardly visible during the day.

Assuming this is important to you, and you want to absolutely make your angel eyes awesome, check out Orions. I have a thread in my sig, or search the board for them. Over the years, I have made several threads about Orions, and it's widely discussed here.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:42 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Because I am blunt like that, I am going to tell you to don't bother. If your end goal is for nice and visible angel eyes during the day like the newer BMWs, you ARE asking for too much.

Any bulb replacements, while they will look good at night, they'll be hardly visible during the day.

Assuming this is important to you, and you want to absolutely make your angel eyes awesome, check out Orions. I have a thread in my sig, or search the board for them. Over the years, I have made several threads about Orions, and it's widely discussed here.
Oh thanks for the advice...

Quick Reply: E60 Halo Ring Light Replacement