E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 BMW 5 Series Speaker Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i

Hi guys, I've got the 2G E60 530i and wanted ask you guys about changing speakers etc. I didn't put in the option Logic 7 because in 2006 I heard there were some issues concerning it and mixed reviews from people so I didn't bother.

But couple of days ago, I sat in an Aston Martin DBS (just for a 30 mins fun ride) and heard the Bang & Olufsen sound system and it was just amazing and when I came back inside my 5, I just thought it was crap.

So I was wondering if, us 5 Series owners could also get Bang & Olufsen speakers installed? Not the Logic 7 setup...

If you guys have any tips or recommendations, please let me know!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006
Hi guys, I've got the 2G E60 530i and wanted ask you guys about changing speakers etc. I didn't put in the option Logic 7 because in 2006 I heard there were some issues concerning it and mixed reviews from people so I didn't bother.

But couple of days ago, I sat in an Aston Martin DBS (just for a 30 mins fun ride) and heard the Bang & Olufsen sound system and it was just amazing and when I came back inside my 5, I just thought it was crap.

So I was wondering if, us 5 Series owners could also get Bang & Olufsen speakers installed? Not the Logic 7 setup...

If you guys have any tips or recommendations, please let me know!
I'm quite happy with my car's Logic7 setup. what did you hear about the issues regards the Logic7 system?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Have you looked into a BSW speaker upgrade?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Have you looked into a BSW speaker upgrade?
No I haven't...? I have no idea what they are... ^^;; could you please tell me more about them?
I've just been told that B&O are the best speakers... I just saw from their homepage offering car audio for Aston, Audi and AMG -_- not for BMW.

Oh, and with Logic 7 speaker issues in 2006, I was told by my sales guy that he had distortion and connection problems. So I didn't bother... and I thought he was being genuine since the sales guy (and he must sell as much as possible for his own good right?) was telling me there were problems. But, again this is back in 2006.

But yeh, if possible, I'd like a B&O but if there are other ones as good if not better, I'm open to them! Please let me know!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

How about swap your existing system with the BMW high end audio? So that you don't need to worry about the speaker sizes..
Old 02-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Contributors

B&O is garbage and costs too much

Logic 7 is actually decent but BSW's speaker package really is the best option for our cars at the moment
Old 02-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

No I haven't...? I have no idea what they are... ^^;; could you please tell me more about them?
I've just been told that B&O are the best speakers... I just saw from their homepage offering car audio for Aston, Audi and AMG -_- not for BMW.

Oh, and with Logic 7 speaker issues in 2006, I was told by my sales guy that he had distortion and connection problems. So I didn't bother... and I thought he was being genuine since the sales guy (and he must sell as much as possible for his own good right?) was telling me there were problems. But, again this is back in 2006.

But yeh, if possible, I'd like a B&O but if there are other ones as good if not better, I'm open to them! Please let me know!
I've never listened to B&O speakers in cars long enough to form a complete opinion, but from having heard plenty of their home systems I can assure you that their speakers are BY FAR nowhere near the best. IMHO the best speaker out there is Bowers and Wilkins, but they only make car systems for Jaguar currently, they are not an auto speaker company. As for in-car speakers, particularly for BMW, you are really looking at only one option - which is, you guessed it, BSW. You can search the forum and internet for reviews and specs and so forth. I would try to find someone local with the BSWs installed and ask if I could listen to a couple of tracks in their car to sample the sound. Because at the end of the day, nothing beats the actual listening test - you can have the most expensive speakers in the world, but if they don't sound right to your ear, there's no point in paying for them.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

In my opinion, you will receive better results for your money by having a high-end custom audio shop install after-market components for you. The cost of having the OEM Logic 7 retrofitted is prohibitive, and it wouldn't make much sense to use another car make's OEM gear.
Aftermarket car audio equipment will vastly surpass OEM systems, and usually at competitive prices.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

Someone stating that B&O's are the best is a subjective statement. Let your ears decide for themselves. There's a lot that goes into a quality sounding audio system, aside from speakers. Without a proper clean signal a B&O setup can sound sub par. Placement is important, as is sensitivity to match the amplifier's output. Proper crossover frequencies are also key. You cannot go by speakers alone, or by someone saying that B&O are the best. What you heard in the Astin Martin was based on months to years of development and setup specifically for that car's sound dampening and acoustic properties, especially the custom DSP processor.