E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dynamic Bi-xenon retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I've been through the many xenon light retrofit discussions on this forum, but couldn't find anything that answers my query.

I've bought 2005 Dynamic/Adaptive Bi-xenon headlights. Most of the topics talk about normal xenon retrofit, but nothing on dynamic in detail.

I've managed to get an LCM unit that is programmed for adaptive and hud to mate with these lights. Will it be straight forward plug and play or would I have to get the LCM recoded to my car?

Also does it make a difference if the LCM is for plain xenon whilst the headlights are bi-xenon?

Finally, I'm guessing all the motors and sensors for the dynamics to work are fitted into the headlights, so I don't need anything extra, right?

On a side note, does anyone know whether I need the High door module to work M5 wing mirrors? I've already got 2008 inside door panel with the fold switch installed. I'm hoping the High module was standard post Sep 2005 onwards cars, which is what I have.

Thanks in advance for your help and advise.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Members

Please help.

I've got my car in for recoding next week and need to know before so I can put that on my ist of things to tell him to do, otherwise I will give back the headlights.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

I checked into this for my e90, basically it can be done if u don't need the lights to swivel around corners/ auto level, you'll have the xenons tho, there is a retrofit kit availabe for my e90 I have the part no. And everythin but my dealer won't code it for me so the pieces that attach to the steering linkage etc aren't necessary just to acheive plain xenon lighting, the kit for my car was 2500+ and Gary from Newport helped me get the answers I needed about the parts. I guess there's a cable to make em work for my car just - the functions. 2500+ was IMO not worth it for the wifes car. And she doesn't care about xenons, it was a big step down from my old e60, but the paddle shifters and SP more than made up for that!!

skele
Old 11-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Members

Thumbs down

Thanks for the reply.

However, the whole point of me getting these specific lights was, so that I can have them turn with steering.

So could someone let me know exactly what else I require. I picked up the lights for ?450. They are fully complete with all control modules, lamps, ballasts etc.

I also picked up the Adaptive LCM for ?75. I'm guessing pre-LCI Bi-xenons to Pre-LCI E60 use exactly the same wiring.

So to make them move would I only require this wire that attaches between the Steering and LCM?

Please could someone provide a part no. for this wire?

Your help in this matter would be great.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The movement with the steering is something that requires the Steering wheel angle sensor to talk to the LCM to talk to the lights. So unless those three are talking, nothing's going to happen.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1063656' date='Nov 27 2009, 02:07 PM
The movement with the steering is something that requires the Steering wheel angle sensor to talk to the LCM to talk to the lights. So unless those three are talking, nothing's going to happen.
Would the car already have Steering Wheel sensor fitted? So it'll just be a case of recoding?

I'm just concerned I will need the self levelling sensor setup to make it all work and maybe the control box.

Where is this Control box located? I thought it was attached to the headlights or is it located somewhere else?
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Members

Also, can someone please provide me with the Bi-Xenon Adaptive Retrofit Installation Instructions? Part No. 01 29 0 412 102.

Much appreciated. This is all exciting, as will it work, won't it.