E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

dvd on idrive in e60

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me want DVD, too!
Who's the first to jump?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:41 AM
mONTY (UK)

HEY ALL, I JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM NAVWITHTV...THEY SAY IF YOU HAVE A SCREEN AND A DVD ROM UNDER IT EVEN WITHOUT SAT NAV..THEIR EQUIPMENT WILL WORK....WHOOPPEEEEE...THATS ME SIGNED UP..LOL

SEAN
Old 11-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Welcome, but what is the equipment that is needed how much and how to install it i want it before Christmas for a present to myself. And Rudy you were correct these guys Site really is bad for all the inovations these guys come up with, the site should be the least stressfull thing to get up and going, and maybe we can get a group buying discount going
Old 11-11-2004, 06:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

I'm not sure I understand all the hoopla here.

I have a nice entertainment center at home. While I very much like my 545i, I'll watch my movies seated on my couch thank you !!!

Are you guys planning on sitting in your car to watch movies??? It surely would be foolish to do so while driving!!!

The backseat folk dont get a great view of the iDrive screen, and even if they had an unobstructed view, the small screen size and distance for viewing makes this pretty pathetic.

There are other solutions: here's mine ... 7" screen, great picture, Built-in FM transmitter plays over E60 stereo...

Old 11-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Gizmo, what mount did you use for that rear screen?
Old 11-11-2004, 06:31 AM
Contributors

I used velcro straps and mounted a 7 inch LCd to the pass. headrest so my daughter can watch movies on long trips. Works out great.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i
Hey Gizmo, i like that set up also, i am looking for it not just for the dvd aspect of it but also the possibilty to play mp3's and also to set up some type of gps system on it not sure if that is possible on this system setup. I have been trying to call Dominic at Navtv but he must work bankers hours keep telling me to call back in 1 hr and then 1hr i will ask how much, installation instructions, which vehicals it will work on, and whether gps maps can work, mp3's will play and is there a bulk type discount availiable.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Nov 11 2004, 09:27 AM
Gizmo, what mount did you use for that rear screen?
[snapback]54958[/snapback]

I am using the custom E60 mount from Proclip. It attaches VERY securely to the armrest in a very clean fashion. I customized a backing plate which attaches the Proclip mount to my tablet DVD player. Can run it off battery or with cigarette adaptor. The mount is fully adjustable for angle and tilt to optimize viewing.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Gizmo' date='Nov 11 2004, 11:31 AM
I am using the custom E60 mount from Proclip. It attaches VERY securely to the armrest in a very clean fashion. I customized a backing plate which attaches the Proclip mount to my tablet DVD player. Can run it off battery or with cigarette adaptor. The mount is fully adjustable for angle and tilt to optimize viewing.
[snapback]54980[/snapback]
Bingo -- you're doing exactly what I plan to do.

There are two versions of the clip -- are you using the one that is completely flat or the one that has the right angle to it?

Here's the "flat" one:

And here's the "right angle" one:

Check out this post (and accompanying thread) to see pics of my screen.

I'm anxious to learn more about your custom backing plate. As you can see from the pics of my machine, it has "keyhole" mounting holes in the back and I'm trying to come up with somthing that will interface between the player and one of the proclip mounts...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Members

Gizmo,
You obvioiusly don't live in So Cal. If you did you did and have ever sat through a "sig alert" (an accident so bad that freeway traffic literally stops) you'd understand the desire to be able to pop in music videos or a flick. This is an actual breakthrough. Turboman actually installed a whole computer using this device. This is taking back our car from all the proprietory crap that BMW has put in it. I'm really excited.

Personally I'd like to do your tablet screen idea and the i-drive screen.

Quick Reply: dvd on idrive in e60