5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Does Sprint Booster take a few hours to take full affect? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/does-sprint-booster-take-few-hours-take-full-affect-70404/)

Krozi 02-06-2009 06:21 PM

I told my friend about the SB and he thought it was BS. So I installed it on his car (328i Automatic) and at first he didn't feel anything. Then after 20 minutes he said that he definitely feels it so after a couple burnouts and some testing we drove back to my car and he got into my car so I could show him what the V8 could do with the SB. It was fast but I did not feel the SB kick in. The downshifts were slow and it was a little unresponsive. After 20 minutes or so again that slowly faded and the responsiveness came back again. And after having the car sit in the lot for 4 hours I drove it home and I definitely felt the SB. Now it pulls away like a beast again. So is does it take a little time for the SB to take effect? Or could it be the extra 170 pounds of my friend sitting in the car?

I have heard that results are immediate with most people. So I am not sure if I am just imagining it.
I think I will have to drive my car with out the SB and test the difference... next time I go to the dealer I guess.

Thank you.

schulrog 02-06-2009 07:03 PM

No. Should be instantaneous. at least that's how it was for me. try resetting the tranny

tex_phil 02-06-2009 07:03 PM

No.

flyingpuck 02-06-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by schulrog' post='787200' date='Feb 6 2009, 08:03 PM
No. Should be instantaneous. at least that's how it was for me. try resetting the tranny

+1 that would be my advice exactly too! :thumbsup:

zen68 02-06-2009 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='787176' date='Feb 6 2009, 10:21 PM
I told my friend about the SB and he thought it was BS. So I installed it on his car (328i Automatic) and at first he didn't feel anything. Then after 20 minutes he said that he definitely feels it so after a couple burnouts and some testing we drove back to my car and he got into my car so I could show him what the V8 could do with the SB. It was fast but I did not feel the SB kick in. The downshifts were slow and it was a little unresponsive. After 20 minutes or so again that slowly faded and the responsiveness came back again. And after having the car sit in the lot for 4 hours I drove it home and I definitely felt the SB. Now it pulls away like a beast again. So is does it take a little time for the SB to take effect? Or could it be the extra 170 pounds of my friend sitting in the car?

I have heard that results are immediate with most people. So I am not sure if I am just imagining it.
I think I will have to drive my car with out the SB and test the differentce... next time I go to the dealer I guess.

Thank you.

There shouldn't be any delay.

By the way, SB is the same for all models? I thought it's model-specific.

Krozi 02-07-2009 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by zen68' post='787215' date='Feb 6 2009, 11:27 PM
There shouldn't be any delay.

By the way, SB is the same for all models? I thought it's model-specific.

Well the SB's for Automatics can be used on all automatic BMW's with drive by wire. Same goes for Manual and M.

Well the lag is totally gone again so I won't reset the tranny.