E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Does anyone have colored AE's (blue, red, green)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Hey,

New to forums (this is my 2nd or 3rd post), but I have already learned so much from all of your DIY mods. I just did the charcoal filter delete on my Mystic Blue Metallic 07 530i (Sport, Premium, Nav, Comfort Seating, Shadowline Trim, Voice Command, Bluetooth). I would have never known to do that withot the forums...and I did notice a difference. Anyway I've had the car for about 3 months now and I am coming down with a REALLY bad case of mod fever . All I've done so far is replaced the OEM subs with SWS-8xi's and installed an aftermarket amp (with all of your help of course). Next I want to get started on my interior/exterior lighting. I found AE's online that are different colors, but I havn't seen them on any of your e60s. Why does everybody go with white or bluish white? Are the colored ones lame or is it illegal in some states? Also I'm 90% sure this is a noob ? but I'll ask anyway. I'm not sure how the AE's are constructed or replaced, but could you maybe have white on the outer rings and colored blue AE's on the inner rings? Off that subject completely is it fairly easy to get my DVD player to actually play movies? Any help or advice you have would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Contributors

I've had Red Angel eyes and modded the eyebrow portion red too. I've tested the eyebrow portion in green and blue also. They are illegal. I had 2 sets of headlights so I can swap them in and out.

Member devildawg712 has/had the Multi color Orion V2 installed on his.

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1359560

My old red setup

Does anyone have colored AE's  (blue, red, green)?-dsc_2655.jpg
Does anyone have colored AE's  (blue, red, green)?-dsc_2625.jpg

Changed out the amber and tested it with green and blue ones.

Does anyone have colored AE's  (blue, red, green)?-pa107424.jpg
Does anyone have colored AE's  (blue, red, green)?-pa107428.jpg

HDR shot. This is when I used to do HDR pictures.

Does anyone have colored AE's  (blue, red, green)?-top-view.jpg
Old 07-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

Nice M, I'm so jealous. Looks great with the red AE's. Do u know if they're illegal in every state?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

The reason they're illegal is easy if you think about it. Red and blue are emergency vehicle colors, the other colors such as green, purple, and other, you may get away with it... but it's definitely not my taste.

As for your question, the angel eyes in E60 are made to have one bulb powering both rings. If you want to get your hands dirty and do some heavy modifications, you would be able to achieve what you are trying to do with the dual colors. Nobody I know has done it, but there's a first for everything.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks nomis_nehc, I guess that does make sense. Green & purple are not my taste either :thumbsdown: . DKNewYork you said you swap them in and out. Where can you go with the colored ones in? Probably a pretty hefty ticket if you ever get pulled over. I guess it will have to be the bluish white AE's for me. Any recommendations? Also, anybody know how to get the dvd player to play movies?
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone have colored AE's  (blue, red, green)?-n8s-530i-5-.jpg  
Old 07-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

For all your lighting questions pm member John@motorcepts he's the guy for all your lighting needs
as far as playing a dvd , pm Kris@modmynav.com

you can also check there websites out
Motorcepts.com
Modmynav.com
Old 07-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by infin8
Thanks nomis_nehc, I guess that does make sense. Green & purple are not my taste either :thumbsdown: . DKNewYork you said you swap them in and out. Where can you go with the colored ones in? Probably a pretty hefty ticket if you ever get pulled over. I guess it will have to be the bluish white AE's for me. Any recommendations? Also, anybody know how to get the dvd player to play movies?
Unfortunately, since you have the older system, you will need a aftermarket solution in order to play dvd movies.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

I thought it was just a matter of re-coding to get the dvd player to play movies. Afterall it IS a dvd player. There has to be a way to remove the block on it to allow movie playback. Has anyone that you know of tried coding to play movies on the dvd player of a pre-LCI e60 (2007)?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by infin8
I thought it was just a matter of re-coding to get the dvd player to play movies. Afterall it IS a dvd player. There has to be a way to remove the block on it to allow movie playback. Has anyone that you know of tried coding to play movies on the dvd player of a pre-LCI e60 (2007)?
I am not going to argue with you. You either listen to someone that knows or do research yourself.

Just because it's a dvd player does not mean it has the required codec to play movies.

Again, the answer is no, not possible unless you want to reverse engineer the OS and amend the code to include media codec to play dvd movies.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

I definitely didnt mean that rude, or to say that you dont know your ish becuz I know you do. I'm the noob here, just fishing for info. I appreciate your insight, I was questioning the engineering you mentioned, and just wondered if anyone had messed around with it. But I got it....no movies! Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have colored AE's (blue, red, green)?