5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Do you thing Matt Black Grilles would suit my car? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/do-you-thing-matt-black-grilles-would-suit-my-car-115933/)

vbcguy 08-05-2011 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I am a little torn on whether or not black grilles would enhance the look of my car?

I am having some transition window tinting done. By law in BC you cannot tint the front, driver, passenger windows. To get around it transitioning from darker rear to lighter front windows it goes undetected in my experience.

Anyway, was thinking about the black grilles or even grilles that are painted to match the car, with just the louvers black?

What do you think?

P.S.
I just picked up my car yesterday and was in a Jaguar for one year in between BMW's. OMG....what a difference in quality, handling and ride. I am so happy to be back!

rctmthouse 08-05-2011 10:19 PM

body paint color with the insert black :twoup:

mwolfe 08-06-2011 09:10 AM

I compared OEM (chrome) to matte black and then the combo--matte black frame with the chrome slats (louvers). I finally went with the combo--more subtle on my deep sea blue car. I like all the options but the all black sometimes looked like something was missing. Almost like someone stole my grills. The chrome slats are actually only chrome on the thin edge with black sides, so it looks mostly black, but youy can still see the slats. I took pix of the differences, but they are on a different computer. I will try to remember to post them. There is a forum thread comparing them too. I tried finding it but couldn't (someone needs to give pointers on how to efficiently search for specific forum threads)

vbcguy 08-06-2011 09:22 AM

i'd love to see the pics...if you can find them. Did you install the grilles yourself?

rctmthouse 08-06-2011 09:29 AM

Currently running gloss black and with OEM chrome slats inside. Agree with mwolf, seems like somthing is missing at a distance if it's all black.

Op you can install it yourself. Takes around 15 to 20 minutes to change it out. Also take a look at DKNY M5, I think he's running matching body color outer edge and his car color is similar to yours.

Baggman 08-06-2011 09:39 AM

they look good on every e60

vbcguy 08-06-2011 10:01 AM

good advice about the chrome edge...i can totally understand what you mean by it looking like something is missing.

DKNewYork 08-06-2011 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by rctmthouse (Post 1370141)
Currently running gloss black and with OEM chrome slats inside. Agree with mwolf, seems like somthing is missing at a distance if it's all black.

Op you can install it yourself. Takes around 15 to 20 minutes to change it out. Also take a look at DKNY M5, I think he's running matching body color outer edge and his car color is similar to yours.

Nope. I got gloss black painted grills. IndyRedBeast got body color surrounds. :)

rctmthouse 08-06-2011 10:44 AM

Wow I swear I thought it was your M5. I had a pic it with the front Hamann lip in my computer awhile back and there arent that many red e60 here.

deansimpson 08-06-2011 10:53 AM

Personally I like the OEM gloss black grills.
When I bought mine at first I put the original chrome slates in them.
I like that look but decided I like the all gloss black better.