E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DMS remap, Should i?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The company claim an extra 62 bhp and 93 torque from this mod, which seems too good to be true.
334 and 506 are big figures for a diesel of under 3 litres.

Should i get it done? What about the warranty and insurance?

Cheers.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Carbon Black' post='277866' date='May 4 2006, 08:01 AM
The company claim an extra 62 bhp and 93 torque from this mod, which seems too good to be true.

Cheers.

Search 'DMS' on here, loads of us have had it done and everyone is chuffed to bits!

Call DMS and ask about warranty, also Mike Copper said that there would be a 25% discount for members so mention that, search for the thread, and you need to decide about insurance.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Saloon. Silver Grey. Black leather.

Originally Posted by Carbon Black' post='277866' date='May 4 2006, 03:01 AM

Cheers.
Definitely!!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Media Package, Bluetooth, Bi-xenon headlamps, adaptive headlamps, auto dimming interior mirror, heated folding door mirrors, electric front seats with drivers memory, heated front seats, extended light package, sun protection glass, electrically adjustable steering column, automatic air conditioning.

Do it, it transforms the car, well worth it
Old 05-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by Carbon Black' post='277866' date='May 4 2006, 08:01 AM

Cheers.
had my 545 done .. not as much gain as the diesel, more like 30 & 30. but noticable for sure!
as for warranty... had 1 service since, and it's been in for a couple of other things.. no detection, no problems.
DMS will guarantee no detection, and if anything is detected and warranty issues arise, DMS will foot the bill.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Just do it
Old 05-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Without a doubt GET IT DONE!!!!!

Spoke with them about getting my new M5 done, as i'm considering a Nurburgring trip in just over 2 weeks & although the gains are not as great as with the 535D, you're still looking at 40BHP & 60NM torque, plus the speed limiter is removed so that 204MPH top speed can hopefully be achieved. They also tinker with the torque settings in all gears from 3rd-7th to smooth out the changes when pushing hard & make cruising at sensible speeds more relaxed. Still thinking about it, but the catalyst is lit so it's likely i'll be putting business DMS's way again.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='278325' date='May 5 2006, 09:17 AM
Without a doubt GET IT DONE!!!!!

Spoke with them about getting my new M5 done, as i'm considering a Nurburgring trip in just over 2 weeks & although the gains are not as great as with the 535D, you're still looking at 40BHP & 60NM torque, plus the speed limiter is removed so that 204MPH top speed can hopefully be achieved. They also tinker with the torque settings in all gears from 3rd-7th to smooth out the changes when pushing hard & make cruising at sensible speeds more relaxed. Still thinking about it, but the catalyst is lit so it's likely i'll be putting business DMS's way again.

It sounds like a good move to get it done then.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JayEll' post='277934' date='May 4 2006, 02:17 PM
...no detection, no problems...
But they can detect it if they want to.
There is NO "guaranteed NO detection".
Old 05-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='280051' date='May 9 2006, 09:44 PM
But they can detect it if they want to.
There is NO "guaranteed NO detection".
No there is no 'guarunteed no detection' but it is well hidden and would not be found by your local BMW dealer. This is taken from one of the threads on bmwland last week....

Originally Posted by Mike Cooper' date='May 10 2006, 14:24 PM
Probably time to come out of the cupboard and explain a few things. Our retail price is ?850+vat and we don't as one gentleman on this forum expressed 'extract the yellow stuff'. We offer to forum members a 25% discount if the car comes to us. When we developed the 535D upgrade we didn't just buy a tuning file from a tuning supplier somewhere else in Europe. We went out and bought a 535D and designed our own software. We then provided the car to in dependent magazines to independently access and report on the result for the car buying public. I cannot recall any other tuner offering this but perhaps our critics know differently. Our product is backed by a three year warranty on our work and as many satisfied customers will know it includes going out to their location and re installing free of charge if BMW has upgraded the ECU software. This even includes when a forum member has come to us for the initial installation and enjoyed the 25% discount.

Speak to the gentleman from the NE who had his 535D set alight by vandals two months after he had the car and had had it upgraded by us. Didn't have the best insurance company in the world and lost about ?15K. He was retired and his pride and joy was gone. He couldn't afford to replace it with another new 535D so down graded to a new 330D. He phoned with this pretty sad tale two days before Christmas and enquired the cost of an upgrade for his 330D. His new 330D arrived in January and we sent an engineer to Newcastle and re mapped his car for him at zero charge. So you can see we really take the p**s!

I do not object to anyone trying to get the best deal for themselves and I feel we have been generous yet at the same time appreciate the loyalty of forum members who have come to us. We hope our relationship continues. We offer the same level of discounts etc for the E60 M5 V10 which retails at ?1650+vat.

Finally thanks again for the forum support which is much appreciated.

Mike Cooper
DMS Automotive.

Continued...

I think I can answer the bits I may have missed. The data changes we make to the ECU CANNOT be read by BMW dealer service and diagnostic equipment. The men in grey suits at BMW may wish to say otherwise but they are merely endeavouring to put the dreaded fear factor into the equation. Since the EU ruling on restrictive trade practices BMW and every other EU manufacturer have had to make their equipment available to enable non franchised dealers to carry out work to their own exacting standards. Hence we have sitting here ?14K worth of the very latest BMW service and diagnostic equipment. In order for a BMW main dealer to establish we had made changes to the ECU it would have to be removed from the car and probably returned to Germany for analysis. They do not have anything in house to do this despite what they may say.

On the point of selling our upgrades to a third party this is not done by us and we wish to ensure that our own fairly exacting standards are maintained. We now have our own DMS engineers based in the USA. In Ireland we have the Car Care Centre, Lisburn but this is staffed by our own engineers on a pre booked basis. The same applies throughout Europe, Middle east and Far East. In Australia, Harding Performance are the DMS tuners for Australasia and were appointed on their previous known ability and reputation which in Australia is second to none.

Hope this answers the bits I failed to earlier.

Mike Cooper
DMS Automotive

continued

Have just gone back to thread again and never being one to side step have realised there is one other point that needs to be clarified. If the dealer were able to establish that the cars ECU had been modifed and that as such they would deem the warranty invalid for any particular repair then we at DMS would meet the subsequent cost of any such work not covered. We agree to cover this on any car we upgrade within the duration of the manufacturers warranty. Hope this explains the situation more fully.

Mike Cooper
DMS Automotive.
This is one of the other chip tuners replies which I think says it all.

Originally Posted by ChippedUK' date='May 10 2006, 17:05 PM
Having read Mike`s replies I would like to verify a point.

The dealer who uses the likes of direct connection (obd) Would look for a checksum or an evu verification code.
I presume DMS keep this the same meaning that if the dealer were to check the ecu it would come back as standard so the warrenty would be unefected.
Likewise on cars fitted with rolling counters DMW would reverse one counter to make the counter match correctly and therefor keep the warrenty intact.

I also think that DMS are offering the warrenty (if the dealer were to void the policy) to cover all "normal" warenty issues themselfs.

I guess this offer has to be charged along the lines in there pricing structure and as such is an offer i have personally never seen off any tuning firm anywhere.

In this case, i think there service is second to none.