E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DMS Re-Map (2nd time around)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Well after mucho trouble with my 535D over the past few weeks, i've been so looking forward to DMS coming back to re re-map my car. Had to cancel this appt twice, as my dealer had not finished fixing the problems on my car, however that's now history (i hope).

As an important note, it's 100% confirmed that the software upgrade/work & tinkering my dealer had done over the last few weeks, had totally wiped the DMS re-map i had done a few days after collecting the car. So if you're planning a DMS re-map, i'd suggest you make sure your software is in order & get any upgrades applied before the re-map. As of now, DMS are happy to do the work a 2nd time if BMW clear their mapping for no cost, but with the number they're currently doing i don't know how long they will offer this.

Back to the fun part, the performance it is best described as breathtaking. The pull is totally transformed & throttle response is now instant. Weather up North is not great today, so grip even when already moving was a slight issue, with the rear wheels wanting to light up when the boost comes on strong but she still felt amazing. I can't give you any figures, as the work was done in my garage & i don't have a RR, but i can tell you the performance difference is night & day. The car was quick before, but she now feels very very quick & by far the best performance gains i've ever seen from a re-map alone.

I can't recommend this company enough. They may not be the cheapest, but their BMW technical knowledge/ability & customer service are second to none. It was not until the guys were leaving that i found out they had travelled from Andover (Southern England) to my house (Northern England) soley to re-do my re-map for no charge & that's a whole days work including travelling, it being a 400+ mile round trip.

Awesome awesome awesome.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

That's fantastic service. Glad you're enjoying the remap.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Media Package, Bluetooth, Bi-xenon headlamps, adaptive headlamps, auto dimming interior mirror, heated folding door mirrors, electric front seats with drivers memory, heated front seats, extended light package, sun protection glass, electrically adjustable steering column, automatic air conditioning.

Yeah the DMS remap makes my fortnightly trip from Manchester to London a little more fun
Old 03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mambo' post='254204' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah the DMS remap makes my fortnightly trip from Manchester to London a little more fun
I know what you mean. I'll be taking her up to Glasgow on Wednesday, so her 1st big run out (400mile round trip) with the DMS re-map & i'm so looking fwd to it. Has to be the best few hundred ?'s i've ever spent.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='254336' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:40 AM
I know what you mean. I'll be taking her up to Glasgow on Wednesday, so her 1st big run out (400mile round trip) with the DMS re-map & i'm so looking fwd to it. Has to be the best few hundred ?'s i've ever spent.
Oh my gosh guys. I have a month or so to wait till my trip to Germany so i can do a wetterauer ecu remap...and the waiting is killing me Hope wetterauer does a great job too if not better than dms.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='254339' date='Mar 13 2006, 03:44 PM
Oh my gosh guys. I have a month or so to wait till my trip to Germany so i can do a wetterauer ecu remap...and the waiting is killing me Hope wetterauer does a great job too if not better than dms.
Truth be known, i'd be surprised if any other tuner can now come close to DMS certainly for BMW Turbo Diesel Tuning. I'd not be brave enough to say that no-one can touch them but the press, customer feedback & just the vast number of cars their tuning around the world (US, Europe & Middle East) can only point to them now being the prefered tuning option or very close at least.

Ps. I found out today that DMS have one of the first UK 997 Turbos due in July & the minute they take delivery, they will be altering the mapping of that car, so expect some insane right ups in the motoring press.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='254346' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:56 AM
Truth be known, i'd be surprised if any other tuner can now come close to DMS certainly for BMW Turbo Diesel Tuning. I'd not be brave enough to say that no-one can touch them but the press, customer feedback & just the vast number of cars their tuning around the world (US, Europe & Middle East) can only point to them now being the prefered tuning option or very close at least.

Ps. I found out today that DMS have one of the first UK 997 Turbos due in July & the minute they take delivery, they will be altering the mapping of that car, so expect some insane right ups in the motoring press.
I understand this...but some figures point that the better ecu map is made from wetterauer. I'm speeking only by hp gains cuz i know dms puts out more torque. It would be nice to have 2 charts to compare them. Also it would be nicer to compare 2 535d one dms one wetterauer on a straight line and also on a track...
Old 03-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='254350' date='Mar 13 2006, 04:06 PM
I understand this...but some figures point that the better ecu map is made from wetterauer. I'm speeking only by hp gains cuz i know dms puts out more torque. It would be nice to have 2 charts to compare them. Also it would be nicer to compare 2 535d one dms one wetterauer on a straight line and also on a track...
That could well be the case. More popular does not always mean better.

Most maps from tuning houses are stolen/borrowed & modified, not many original ones out their & i don't know if either Wetterauer or DMS are using totally bespoke maps when they're tuning our cars.

Would be a good side by side & i'm sure the differences in both power & torque would only be marginal.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='254363' date='Mar 14 2006, 01:25 AM
That could well be the case. More popular does not always mean better.

Most maps from tuning houses are stolen/borrowed & modified, not many original ones out their & i don't know if either Wetterauer or DMS are using totally bespoke maps when they're tuning our cars.

Would be a good side by side & i'm sure the differences in both power & torque would only be marginal.
Yup! I would have liked from a remap to give me more power since the toruque is pretty impressive already. I have a wetterauer ecu remap chart...and i'll try to make a way to get the dms one and kinda compare them. I'm curious also about the power/torque bands and delivery.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

w8pmc, as i sayed previously wetterauer and kelleners are very very good for chip-tuning bmws. expect around 330bhp/660nm from them.

But im sure Rob is really on the ball at DMS

Quick Reply: DMS Re-Map (2nd time around)