E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DMS here I come ;)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have spoken to DMS and we are booked in for next Tuesday - I am getting both the E70 X5 and my new E60 535d remapped, so rather than drive both cars all the way down to Southampton, DMS have offered to come up to visit me (obviously at increased charge which is fair enough - and it'll save us a combined round trip of about 900 miles with the two cars!).

Can't wait ...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Hmmm... their policy has always been a standard price to include as many visits to the customer as necessary.

ABC
Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='481710' date='Oct 15 2007, 02:20 PM
Hmmm... their policy has always been a standard price to include as many visits to the customer as necessary.

ABC
Agreed. I got a quote from DMS and was told that they 'come to you' and was led to believe this was at no extra cost. This further led me to believe this is probably being covered by slightly inflated pricing on the remaps when people 'go to them', or at least leads to a higher profit margin for them on doing remaps at their premises.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

At least, If you go to them, you then you get to drive your "new" car back home!! Take all the back roads and have some FUN!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Contributors

Guys - I am taking advantage of the "E60 members discount" which is based on you visiting _them_ ... I'm getting what I consider to be a very good value for money price, especially as I am getting two cars done at the same time. I am happy with the price, and am happy they are coming to me, so what else matters right...?

Now, i need to concentrate on getting some more "run in" miles on my car before the remap. I've just hit 300 miles and am already way over the run in suggestions. I'd really like to get a few hundred more on before the DMS treatment
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

DMS have been brilliant with my car. I went to them initially and got the e60 discount. But all other visits they came to me. I probably am one of the few people who had an issue with the DMS map. But DMS resolved my issue in the end. Probably am the only guy in the country who has an 520D manual with cruise control that was remapped. Also figured out the bug and could reproduce it. It took 2 CIP upgrades and 3 remaps to finally retify the issue. Now that its gone I'm over the moon.

Everything seemed fine in normal driving. The problem was that with the DMS remap, when my car was doing about 70 mph in 6th gear and I engaged the cruise control everything seemed till then. But if I then used the cruise control lever to move up 5mph the car's DSC, DBC would come on and all safety features would shut off, inc Hill Start Assist etc. Now everything works as it should.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Come on Russ!!!

How is it???
Old 10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='482369' date='Oct 16 2007, 01:19 PM
Come on Russ!!!

How is it???
DITTO
Old 10-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Contributors

Was scheduled to get it done next Tuesday (23rd Oct). I say "was" ... because I've just got off the phone to my insurance company, my wife's insurance company, and two other large insurance companies. All of them said "get a remap, and we won't cover you". It wasn't a case of "you will need to pay an extra ?xxx", it was a simple "we do not insure cars with that modification". I managed to find one place that would. I currently pay around ?600. They wanted ?1,500. So, I have just emailed DMS to cancel the appointment.

I know a lot of people have had the mod done and don't tell the insurance company, but I'm not willing to take that risk with two ?50k cars unfortunately ... ! Is anybody able to recommend any DMS friendly insurance companies in the UK...?

** EDIT - See later on in this thread - insurance is sorted, and the remap is BACK ON for next Tuesday! ... Thanks Andy545 **
Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Contributors

Rubbish!!!

Olli told his insurance company..........What result was it for you Olli???

Quick Reply: DMS here I come ;)