E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan Software--Add 80HP to 535?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Jet Black/Black, Sport Package, Satellite

Greetings:

Just got off the phone with my salesman....told me the hot selling kit is the Dinan chip that will add 80HP to a 535 for $ 2,000 and still give you the gas mileage of a 6 cylinder....anybody have experience with this???

Thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by elchevere' post='533792' date='Feb 20 2008, 05:47 PM
Greetings:

Just got off the phone with my salesman....told me the hot selling kit is the Dinan chip that will add 80HP to a 535 for $ 2,000 and still give you the gas mileage of a 6 cylinder....anybody have experience with this???

Thanks

http://www.dinancars.com/store/Performance...768-p-3846.html

PM sent as well.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Check out member Pennetta. He did it and loves it, it's part of the "535 vs 550" rager !!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

Yep, for $2,000 you get 384 hp and 421 ft-lbs torque. All while maintaining the original warranty. Why would anyone get a 550i???
Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

I'm about to do this with my 535 as well...question for Pennetta...does the DINAN software upgrade also accomplish what the SprintBooster does for the acceleration with the 535? I have the SB installed now and it really does "wake up" the acceleration in this car. If the DINAN s/w upgrade fixes the acceleration lag, then I'm going to give the SB to my brother for his 545....

Pennetta, you out there?
Old 02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by wolverine' post='533799' date='Feb 20 2008, 05:59 PM
Yep, for $2,000 you get 384 hp and 421 ft-lbs torque. All while maintaining the original warranty. Why would anyone get a 550i???
Uh oh...here we go again...tee hee
Old 02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

Originally Posted by wolverine' post='533799' date='Feb 20 2008, 08:59 PM
Are you sure about that? Re-read the Dinan warranty first. Dinan gives you a Dinan warranty, BMW does NOT warranty the Dinan products or failures it can blame on those products. BMW can and will void your original warranty if they feel that the aftermarket Dinan product has caused the problems or failures. BMW has already voided many E90 335i warranties when people brought there cars in because of a failure. BMW claimed the failure was due to aftermarket products/software and thus voided the warranty. There are many posts on the e90 forums about this. Do this and toss your original warranty out the window. Try get Dinan to warranty a fried turbo when BMW says that it failed because of the software and will not honor the original warranty. Not a great upgrade if you ask me.

BP

Originally Posted by DINAN WARRENTY
Warranty

We consider our limited warranty coverage to be a very important component of each Dinan Performance Product and we want you to fully understand it. Dinan?s objective is to enhance the enthusiast?s driving experience by designing and manufacturing the best performing and highest quality automotive products possible. Our limited warranty is intended to cover Dinan products when they are used in the manner for which they were originally designed. Like any manufacturer, we cannot be responsible when our products are subjected to misuse, improper installation, misapplication, modification or neglect.

Consumers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the specifics of Dinan?s Limited Warranty, including exclusions and potential effects to the manufacturer?s limited new car warranty, prior to making the decision to purchase and install Dinan products and systems. Consumers are invited to contact Dinan at 408-779-8584 with any questions regarding Dinan?s limited warranty coverage, procedures, exclusions, etc.

CARS COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER?S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY.

US and Canadian Specification Vehicles Only

If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer?s new car limited warranty, Dinan products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer?s new car limited warranty. The manufacturer?s new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan?s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.

To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to the workshop of any Authorized Dinan Dealer, during normal business hours. Proof of purchase in the form of a lawful invoice is required. The Authorized Dinan Dealer will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective Dinan component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer?s component(s) that may have been directly affected by a Dinan component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts. The decision to repair or replace said parts is at the sole discretion of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. Parts for which replacements are supplied under this limited warranty become the property of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. In all cases, a reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty repairs to be completed after the vehicle is delivered to the Authorized Dinan Dealer.

CARS NO LONGER COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER?S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY.

Dinan Performance Products are warranted for a 2-year, unlimited mileage period from the date of original purchase. Dinan?s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.

To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle or Dinan product must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to any Authorized Dinan Dealer during normal business hours. In the event of a warranty claim, Dinan will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective Dinan component upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice. Labor charges associated with the repair or replacement of a Dinan product will be reimbursed at the Authorized Dinan Dealer?s standard hourly rate, based upon the original vehicle manufacturer?s and/or Dinan?s schedule of flat rate labor times. The defective component must be returned to Dinan for verification of the defect before any warranty adjustment will be made. A reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty replacement, shipping and/or repairs to be completed after the vehicle or product is received by an Authorized Dinan Dealer or Dinan?s facility.

The Dinan Limited Warranty Specifically Excludes:

?return shipping charges, ?towing charges, ?rental car fees ?damage to a component or assembly due to the installation of replacement parts with specifications that differ in any material respect from the original vehicle manufacturer?s or Dinan parts, ?damage resulting from the unauthorized modification of a Dinan part or assembly, ?damage resulting from the use of other manufacturer?s products in conjunction with Dinan products or systems, ?damage to the clutch due to power shifting or abuse, ?brake rotor warp, ?friction materials, ?maintenance services and parts when replaced during maintenance such as spark plugs, lubricants, fluids, engine tune-up parts, replacement of filters, coolant and refrigerant, ?mechanical adjustments or repairs which result from normal wear and tear, ?drive-belts, ?light bulbs, ?damage due to the failure to perform maintenance services at the specified intervals or in accordance with the instructions in the owner?s manual from the original vehicle manufacturer or Dinan?s product instructions, ?damage attributable to negligence, improper installation, improper treatment or treatment contrary to the instructions in the owner?s manual from the original vehicle manufacturer or Dinan?s product instructions, ?engine damage resulting from altered boost pressure, ?damage resulting from the use of improper or contaminated fuel, ?damage occurring through corrosion resulting from weak or improper coolant, ?damage to a Dinan component as a result of a collision or improper collision damage repairs, ?any vehicle operated in any competitive event, ?custom-designed competition parts, ?damages resulting from loss of time, inconvenience or loss of the use of the vehicle, ?damage resulting from environmental influences, flood, accident, fire damage, or road salt corrosion, ?re-manufactured or refurbished products or components (these products are clearly identified as re-furbished and are warranted for the period specified for that particular product).

General:

The installation of Dinan Performance Products and systems may affect the vehicle manufacturer?s new car limited warranty. The vehicle manufacturer?s new car limited warranty may not apply to modifications to a vehicle or the installation of any performance accessories or components attached to the vehicle which substantially alter the original engineering and/or operating specifications or which result in damage to other original vehicle manufacturer?s components.

This warranty shall be null and void if the vehicle identification number has been altered or cannot be read, if the odometer has been replaced or altered and the true mileage cannot be determined, if the vehicle has been declared a total loss or sold for salvage purposes, or if the vehicle has been used in any competitive event.

These warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state.

The duration of any implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular use, is limited to the duration of the express warranties herein. Dinan hereby excludes incidental and consequential damages, including loss of time, inconvenience, or loss of the use of the vehicle, for any breach of any express or implied warranty, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular use, applicable to the product.

Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.

Statement Revised 10/22/04
Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by wolverine' post='533799' date='Feb 21 2008, 02:59 AM

Why would anyone get an M5, if the 535i with exhaust, catalysts bla bla can have 450 HP weighting 200 Kg less than the M ?

Wolverine, the 550i has a big engine (with more and more torque than your V10, till 3-4-5k rpm), the 535i is .. an I6 .
Old 02-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='534081' date='Feb 21 2008, 09:01 PM
The 535i is .. an I6 .

And a fine one at that! Smooth as silk baby!