E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Did Clearbra install with Ventureshield

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After scouring this forum and many others, I decided to go with Ventureshield over 3M, mainly for what seemed like a stronger film, and lifetime warranty with no yellowing.

I did it at www.tintfactory.net not a certified installer, but a recommended one from www.ventureshield.com it was only 2 miles from me so it was the obvious choice. They also said they've been there 17 years, so the lifetime warranty on the film and install was important. They said if it peeled up or bubbled etc, just come in and they'd replace it.

I have the aero kit on my 550i 2006 silver, and I picked it up today, it looks pretty damn good. slight visible line like all the ones I've seen at about 5 feet, but up close it's absolutely clear. I got the front end, headlights, mirrors, door edges (so if you open the door into a wall it'll hit the material), behind the door handles (where your nails scratch it as you reach for the door handle) and the rear bumper top where the trunk is (I pull out a stroller for my son in and out of the trunk and was using a towel).

He says give it a lot of sun the next day or so so the water evaporates, etc but so far so good. Tomorrow I'll be able to take a closer look during the day. And now I can drive the 405 freeway which is crap with confidence of rock chips, etc.

BTW, they are in LA and it cost me $740. Just the front bumper would have been $500, but the headlights, door, mirrors, trunk, and door handles were the extra $240.

Just thought I'd share as I probably researched with google and forums about 100 threads between 3m and ventureshield. I'm definitely happy with ventureshield, they said they didn't use a heat gun, so there probably won't be stretch marks etc.

I'll probably repost this over at bimmerfest...