5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Decided on rear spoiler...I think... (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/decided-rear-spoiler-i-think-61032/)

C's Bimmer 09-15-2008 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by sIcK60' post='669547' date='Sep 15 2008, 02:46 AM
I ordered my reiger spoiler and received it within three days and got the lowest price out of all vendors, as far as customer service.goes it was not bad u guys gotta understand they have lots of customers and sometimes might forget to call and what now, I don't know maybe I got lucky but iam happy with the service I got and especially the price, vincent even called reiger in germany to find out about a part number that was engraved and to the spoiler on topp where its visible and I wanted to know why so he found out for me, I dnt sry to hear about this guys but I had good experience.

Glad to hear you had a good experience. You were one of the lucky ones. I still would strongly recommend others NOT to order from Eurorev. Why chance it and go through the frustration? Just order everything from Trinity. Better prices, better service and nothing beats peace of mind. :thumbsup:

sIcK60 09-15-2008 06:52 AM

I have not order anything from trinity yet however when I needed a quote on somethin newrezzy was very quick to reply with a price quote, that's a very big plus, not sure why I got a better price quote on the reiger spoiler though.

C's Bimmer 09-15-2008 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by sIcK60' post='669718' date='Sep 15 2008, 10:52 AM
I have not order anything from trinity yet however when I needed a quote on somethin newrezzy was very quick to reply with a price quote, that's a very big plus, not sure why I got a better price quote on the reiger spoiler though.

Interesting...I got a better price on the Rieger with Trinity. Anyway, we're getting off topic. The Rieger Spoiler is great and I'm so stoked to be getting it. Eurorev sucks and Trinity is great. Enough said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bimmer722 09-15-2008 07:13 AM

Hmm...well being that its out this was the reason for my original thread about Vendors on the board. This is unacceptable behavior by eurorev!!

Original thread.......

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=61606

sIcK60 09-15-2008 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
C bimmer your car is gonna look sick with the reiger spoiler, best spoiler ever :D

mrfva 10-06-2008 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by sIcK60' post='669759' date='Sep 15 2008, 10:56 AM
C bimmer your car is gonna look sick with the reiger spoiler, best spoiler ever :D

We'll see ;) sometime soon I hope :whistle:

KU530 10-06-2008 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by sIcK60' post='669759' date='Sep 15 2008, 10:56 AM

I would suggest running a bead of clear silicon on the front side of the spoiler to keep water and dirt from getting under the spolier especially on the corners where it curves.

C's Bimmer 10-06-2008 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gents - The new spoiler has been added. I ended up going with the RD Sport Trunk Spoiler instead. I couldn't be happier! I love that it's authentic and not a replica spoiler. I've seen a lot of replica ACS spoilers that have bubbles and bumps all over them. This thing is flawless and the curves work so well with the lines of the car. I'm very happy I went with this over the Rieger.

It was mounted using 3M double sided tape and is PERFECT! Here's a quick picture taken from this weekends meet at BMFeast in NJ.

Click on picture to ENLARGE

Attachment 61153

mrfva 10-06-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='686399' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:18 AM
Gents - The new spoiler has been added. I ended up going with the RD Sport Trunk Spoiler instead. I couldn't be happier! I love that it's authentic and not a replica spoiler. I've seen a lot of replica ACS spoilers that have bubbles and bumps all over them. This thing is flawless and the curves work so well with the lines of the car. I'm very happy I went with this over the Rieger.

It was mounted using 3M double sided tape and is PERFECT! Here's a quick picture taken from this weekends meet at BMFeast in NJ.

Click on picture to ENLARGE

Attachment 61153

Looks great Calton! :twoup:
Surprisingly it looks just like mine :whistle:

Aside from 3M double-sided tape, did they use anything else to mount it?

C's Bimmer 10-06-2008 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='686403' date='Oct 6 2008, 11:23 AM
Looks great Calton! :twoup:
Surprisingly it looks just like mine :whistle:

Aside from 3M double-sided tape, did they use anything else to mount it?

I did the job myself brotha. I do most of the work on my car, myself. :thumbsup: It's one of my many talents :D . I was extremely anal though. I used blue painters tape to outline the EXACT alignment. I even did a pen line on the spoiler and the trunk, on the painters tape, for the center line. I did around 25 practice attempts as well, before removing the backing on the underside of the tape. I also heated both sides of the tape so that they were super sticky. Because this spoiler is authentic, it fits PERFECTLY!

Just one thing... Make sure you leave a few gaps between the tape on the UNDERSIDE of the spoiler. This will allow excess moisture and water to exit. :thumbsup: