5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Decided on rear spoiler...I think... (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/decided-rear-spoiler-i-think-61032/)

bimmer722 09-14-2008 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='668987' date='Sep 14 2008, 02:44 AM
Well, since we are smutting up Vincent...I have never mentioned this but since I have a very similar story, I will.

I ordered my Hamann rep. splitter and ACS rep. diffuser from Vincent at EuroRev. I asked Vincent the turn around time to my door and was told 7 days. I needed to know the turnaround time because my car was going in for paint and I wanted to coordinate the parts painting as well. 7 days would work so I paid over the phone instantly via credit card. 11 days passed...nothing...no phone call, no parts...so I called and talked to Vincent who told me it should be there by the end of that week or the beginning of the next(14 days). I wait a few more days, now at 17 days...still no parts or call so I call Vincent again. He now tells me that they just got one and they are shipping it out tomorrow. I wait again....no parts, no phone call..we are now at 21-23 days so I call again. This time Vincent appologizes and tells me the diffuser they had for me has had a hairline crack and that they wanted to make sure it was perfect so they will ship out the new one out ASAP. Finally at 29 or 30 days my splitter and diffuser arrive. I missed the window to get all my parts painted together and had to pay an extra setup charge to the body shop but I did finally get my parts. The stories and lines I got from Vincent were ridiculous and there was absolutely zero communication. :thumbsdown:

John/Alpine White I hope you don't take offense to this, you my friend, were very helpful. It was from the time you directed me to Vincent that the problems started. John/AlpineWhite has always been great to me. :thumbsup:

Hmmm...seems like a trend is brewing. I ordered a CF rear diffuser from them as well and was told it was going out last week still nothing!! its been 20+ days now!!! Do we have a quad m problem brewing here??? John, vincent things are not looking good :nono:

C's Bimmer 09-14-2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='668987' date='Sep 14 2008, 02:44 AM
Well, since we are smutting up Vincent...I have never mentioned this but since I have a very similar story, I will.

I ordered my Hamann rep. splitter and ACS rep. diffuser from Vincent at EuroRev. I asked Vincent the turn around time to my door and was told 7 days. I needed to know the turnaround time because my car was going in for paint and I wanted to coordinate the parts painting as well. 7 days would work so I paid over the phone instantly via credit card. 11 days passed...nothing...no phone call, no parts...so I called and talked to Vincent who told me it should be there by the end of that week or the beginning of the next(14 days). I wait a few more days, now at 17 days...still no parts or call so I call Vincent again. He now tells me that they just got one and they are shipping it out tomorrow. I wait again....no parts, no phone call..we are now at 21-23 days so I call again. This time Vincent appologizes and tells me the diffuser they had for me has had a hairline crack and that they wanted to make sure it was perfect so they will ship out the new one out ASAP. Finally at 29 or 30 days my splitter and diffuser arrive. I missed the window to get all my parts painted together and had to pay an extra setup charge to the body shop but I did finally get my parts. The stories and lines I got from Vincent were ridiculous and there was absolutely zero communication. :thumbsdown:

John/Alpine White I hope you don't take offense to this, you my friend, were very helpful. It was from the time you directed me to Vincent that the problems started. John/AlpineWhite has always been great to me. :thumbsup:

I will agree with your last sentence. In fact, I think very highly of John(alpinewhite). He and I are very tight. I've even had the pleasure of meeting and having lunch with John, when I was in LA a while back. We talk all the time on the board and we've even exchanged car parts with each other over the years, and done it for free. That's how much we like each other. However, Vincent is bringing John down. John is vouching for Vincent and his business and it's ultimately going to lead to bad relations with other members on this board and John.

Here's my only advice to John - If you are going to sell on this board for Eurorev, you need to be prepared to take any and all heat that comes your way. Since you and I are friends, I didn't want to go this route. That said, you can't pass the buyer on to Vincent, once the deal is made through you. You can't wipe your hands clean and say you had nothing to do with the delay and just apologize. It's not that simple. For all intensive purposes, you work for Eurorev and provide parts for our BMW's on E60.net. All those threads you bump is you, not Vincent. If an order doesn't ship, as promised, there can't be any excuses from you or him. If someone yells or screams at you, you need to take it and make it better. If you can't, you need to stop working with Vincent and Eurorev. I'm certain that while keeping this in mind, you might think twice about working for him. It's not worth it. Friends and relationships are more important than free car parts for your BMW. He's using you and could care less what happens to those you've grown to like and become friends with, on this board.

In conclusion, Vincent is terrible and Eurorev SUCKS! I will NEVER, EVER buy anything from them again. If you live in SoCal, you probably have an advantage. Being able to stop into his shop gives you a clear advantage. I'm sure most from SoCal that have done business with Vincent, won't have many bad things to say. However, for those ordering out of state, I STRONGLY suggest you don't. If you like being lied to and have no problem being told it will be one week, but it will actually be a month or so, go ahead and order from him. He is following in the same footsteps as Quad_m. I also learned recently that a few of his workers left. That being said, I wouldn't expect things to speed up or get better, any time soon.

**EDIT**

I just wanted to add one more thing...As you can see, that's 4 members (bimmer722, poleposition, DRANGED and myself) that have had terrible experiences with Eurorev. On top of that, we all happen to be out of state. We are also well respected members on this forum. I can pretty much speak for all of them when I say this too, and that is, NONE of us will EVER order anything from Eurorev again.

mrfva 09-14-2008 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear about the terrible experience with EuroRev (Vincent). I've only had 1 transaction with them = Hamann style splitter. The packaging was ok, it had 2 small square sheets of bubble wrap at each end, which didn't even stay in place. And to no surprise, when I opened the box up, the splitter's paint at the corners had rubbed off during shipment. :|

It's water under the bridge, since then I've sold it off to a forum member, and had the spoiler repainted a different color at an in-house BMW paint and body shop. :thumbsup:

C, have you had a chance to put the Rieger trunk spoiler yet? I'm curious and would like to see how it looks.

nigxdoof 09-14-2008 08:39 PM

Hey Calton,

I too also had the same problem but didn't say anything before. Since all of you are mentioning it, I'll chime in.

If you all remember, It took forever to get my wheelcaps for my Rad RS10's... almost 3 months to receive. But I believe that's half Eurorev's fault and half Wheelpowers fault.

And My hamann splitter. I ordered end of June. I got it end of August. (The only reason why I ordered from Eurorev again was because they were the only ones that sold the Rep Splitter.)

What can we do huh? we live and we learn. =/

C's Bimmer 09-14-2008 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='669473' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:33 AM
C, have you had a chance to put the Rieger trunk spoiler yet? I'm curious and would like to see how it looks.

You're not serious, right Frank? Did you read what I wrote a few posts above this? I had to cancel my order with Eurorev this past Friday night because of all the lies. I reordered it this weekend with Joe at Trinity. I won't have it for a few weeks, but at least I know I'll get a straight answer from the owner of Trinity and that's all that matters. It's the little things in life that make a big difference. Someone should tell that to Vincent.

mrfva 09-14-2008 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='669476' date='Sep 14 2008, 11:43 PM
You're not serious, right Frank? Did you read what I wrote a few posts above this? I had to cancel my order with Eurorev this past Friday night because of all the lies. I reordered it this week with Joe at Trinity. I won't have it for a few weeks, but at least I know I'll get a straight answer from the owner of Trinity and that's all that matters. It's the little things in life that make a big difference. Someone should tell that to Vincent.

I didn't realize that you just re-ordered. I agree. Joe's been great to deal with -- very helpful I might add. Well, I'm leaning on Rieger as well.

C's Bimmer 09-14-2008 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='669474' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:39 AM
Hey Calton,

I too also had the same problem but didn't say anything before. Since all of you are mentioning it, I'll chime in.

If you all remember, It took forever to get my wheelcaps for my Rad RS10's... almost 3 months to receive. But I believe that's half Eurorev's fault and half Wheelpowers fault.

And My hamann splitter. I ordered end of June. I got it end of August. (The only reason why I ordered from Eurorev again was because they were the only ones that sold the Rep Splitter.)

What can we do huh? we live and we learn. =/

Wow...I didn't know that Mike. That's terrible. OK, make that 5 unhappy, out of state customers that have had bad service from Eurorev.

Regardless, all I really care about now is that John doesn't tarnish his reputation on this board, by continuing to work for Eurorev. John's a great person and should sever ties with Vincent now, before it's too late.

nigxdoof 09-14-2008 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='669479' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:49 AM
Wow...I didn't know that Mike. That's terrible. OK, make that 5 unhappy, out of state customers that have had bad service from Eurorev.

Regardless, all I really care about now is that John doesn't tarnish his reputation on this board, by continuing to work for Eurorev. John's a great person and should sever ties with Vincent now, before it's too late.

+1

John's a great guy and I wouldn't want to put him in the same boat as Vincent at this point.

sIcK60 09-14-2008 10:46 PM

I ordered my reiger spoiler and received it within three days and got the lowest price out of all vendors, as far as customer service.goes it was not bad u guys gotta understand they have lots of customers and sometimes might forget to call and what now, I don't know maybe I got lucky but iam happy with the service I got and especially the price, vincent even called reiger in germany to find out about a part number that was engraved and to the spoiler on topp where its visible and I wanted to know why so he found out for me, I dnt sry to hear about this guys but I had good experience.

irshad 09-15-2008 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by sIcK60' post='669547' date='Sep 15 2008, 08:46 AM
I ordered my reiger spoiler and received it within three days and got the lowest price out of all vendors, as far as customer service.goes it was not bad u guys gotta understand they have lots of customers and sometimes might forget to call and what now, I don't know maybe I got lucky but iam happy with the service I got and especially the price, vincent even called reiger in germany to find out about a part number that was engraved and to the spoiler on topp where its visible and I wanted to know why so he found out for me, I dnt sry to hear about this guys but I had good experience.

And do u know why the part number was engraved ?. I filled this 'gap' and painted it.