E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dealer B.S. re: mtec V2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i -Euro-spec LCI retrofit with V6 Bruce cables -Mtec 2.0 LED Angel Eyes -Cold Weather/Premium Packages -20% Tint

Damn that sucks! I had to take my car to the dealer and have my eyebrows turned on too, it was just a software update. But if they took my Mtecs like that I would be telling the dealer they owe me $150. Even if they replaced them, they still should have given you the aftermarket ones back!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Members

Curious, which BMW dealership is this?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by theXman
It's a $150 (initial retail price) that they took from you. If I were you, I'd be kicking down the dooor and asking for it back.
Damn straight!! You can't let them get away with that bro!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sleeper50

Dealer did some re-reprogramming to turn my eyebrow lights on. in the process they determined that my "after-market LED's were causing the problem". I am pretty sure this is a steaming pile of horse puckey, however, just wondering if anyone else has similar experience.

Background:
The eyebrows on my car did not work from the time I bought my car (late 2008). I had it in a couple of times, but they were never able to activate them (some storeys about BMW not allowing dealers to do manual programming, )

OEM angel eyes worked, eyebrows did not.

recently blew an OEM angel eye bulb. replaced them both with MTEC V2's. (thanks BRABUS), no faults, no errors

Had an oil change done friday and they were finally able to turn on the eyebrows, but put in OEM angel eye bulbs and kept my MTEC V2's. only discovered this late last night. I misunderstood my SA and thought they replaced the eyebrow bulbs.

I have already left a message for my guy aksing him to return my after-market bulbs

If I put them in, are my eyebrows suddenly going to turn off??
First off, I'd be asking for my $$$ back ASAP. Secondly, the dealer did this to me once with my K&N air filter. They friggen threw it away and put in the stock BMW junk. I didn't find out until 2-3 months later to clean / oil mine that it was gone.

I just have a quick comment on this issue. I had RDASH LED AE's before upgrading to the MtecV2s FYI. When I had the RDASH version they caused horrible RF interference with my radio. I literally could not listen to the radio for most stations except AM because of them. When I upgraded to MtecV2? Problem GONE. These are quality LED lights and I doubt they would cause ANY problems because I have been trouble-free with them since the install 2 months ago.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

If they dont give that back give BMW NA a ring
Old 05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

wow, that sucks, hopefully you can get them back
Old 05-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by theXman
It's a $150 (initial retail price) that they took from you. If I were you, I'd be kicking down the dooor and asking for it back.
at this point I am still knocking on the door politely, but I am considering a good pair of boots

Anyway, here is the response I got from my SA..

Sorry for the delay, I was away until today. I talked to my manager and they are not wanting to sign off on it. They had looked at those bulbs before and they checked off on it. That means these bulbs were installed between last time and now? These original bulbs and sockets are $132.22 plus tax. Did you wanted to come back this week and see if your aftermarket bulbs work? Then I could return the OEM bulbs and sockets back.

Thank you for your understand, I hope!?

Sincerely yours

nice price on the oem bulbs at least

if they did not have such a good valet service, I would not use them, simple as that
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Tell'em to keep those OEM and return your Mtec. Period.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Stealers Stealing mods... I love it... Go bust a cap bro..
Old 05-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 530xi Space Grey / Dark Grey Sport pkg, Sun screens, Navi, 30% tint, HID Fogs, RDash license plate lights, LED Reverse lights, 6000k AE's, 20s Glossy black 128 wheels

Originally Posted by gbaty0001
WOW! I dont know what id say if the dealership decided to take a mod off my car..

Thats really fked up!! I would ask for the mechanic that worked on my car and personally ask him where my AE's went. After him giving me his bullshit, I would then put his ass in the trunk of my E60, drive him deep into the woods, and then ask him one last time where are my AE's!!

Quick Reply: Dealer B.S. re: mtec V2