E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dealer B.S. re: mtec V2

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Dealer did some re-reprogramming to turn my eyebrow lights on. in the process they determined that my "after-market LED's were causing the problem". I am pretty sure this is a steaming pile of horse puckey, however, just wondering if anyone else has similar experience.

Background:
The eyebrows on my car did not work from the time I bought my car (late 2008). I had it in a couple of times, but they were never able to activate them (some storeys about BMW not allowing dealers to do manual programming, )

OEM angel eyes worked, eyebrows did not.

recently blew an OEM angel eye bulb. replaced them both with MTEC V2's. (thanks BRABUS), no faults, no errors

Had an oil change done friday and they were finally able to turn on the eyebrows, but put in OEM angel eye bulbs and kept my MTEC V2's. only discovered this late last night. I misunderstood my SA and thought they replaced the eyebrow bulbs.

I have already left a message for my guy aksing him to return my after-market bulbs

If I put them in, are my eyebrows suddenly going to turn off??
Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sleeper50

Dealer did some re-reprogramming to turn my eyebrow lights on. in the process they determined that my "after-market LED's were causing the problem". I am pretty sure this is a steaming pile of horse puckey, however, just wondering if anyone else has similar experience.

Background:
The eyebrows on my car did not work from the time I bought my car (late 2008). I had it in a couple of times, but they were never able to activate them (some storeys about BMW not allowing dealers to do manual programming, )

recently blew an OEM angel eye bulb. replaced them both with MTEC V2's. (thanks BRABUS), no faults, no errors

Had an oil change done friday and they were finally able to turn on the eyebrows, but put in OEM angel eye bulbs and kept my MTEC V2's. only discovered this late last night. I misunderstood my SA and thought they replaced the eyebrow bulbs.

Seeing that you're a Canuck, you might be familiar with the Canadian law's regarding the disabling of daytime running lights. However, I am under the impression that this is not your goal, and that your brows should be operating normally.

I have already left a message for my guy aksing him to return my after-market bulbs

Seeing that you're a Canuck, you might be familiar with the Canadian law's regarding the disabling of daytime running lights. However, I am under the impression that this is not your goal, and that your brows should be operating normally.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

That's a bunch of BS they tried to feed you with. The eyebrow is a known issue that requires a software upgrade and can be done easily (at least in US). Good luck getting the Mtec V2 from the stealer.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Bastards! Whole new meaning to the term "Stealer"! Not only your money, but your mods too!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

WOW! I dont know what id say if the dealership decided to take a mod off my car..
Old 05-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Standard operating procedures is all. Just kidding! That is called stealing and lying!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Background:

There are at least two instances of CIPS/PROGMAN software bugs that inadvertently disables the eyebrow lights:

Eyebrow Lights Are Inoperative After Programming
After programming with CIP 17.00 or 17.01, the eyebrow lights do not illuminate on vehicles equipped with halogen lights.

Eyebrow Lights are Inoperative after Programming
After programming with Progman V23.02.00, V24.01.00 or V24.01.01, the eyebrow lights do not illuminate.

A later software update will definitely fix the disabled eyebrow lights. I had a software update performed on my E60 to reenable the eyebrow lights a couple of years ago. I also recently installed the MTEC v2 LED angel eyes. No issue to report.

Search on Google for more information.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Hey Iceman, I knew this would come in handy.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer B.S. re: mtec V2-post-344-127413469866.gif  
Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by 2004E60Beemer
Hey Iceman, I knew this would come in handy.
Unfortunately, no. I am still waiting for my "Service Advisor" to call me back. I think it is going to be a challenge to get anything back at this point and I'm not sure if I have the interest in pursuing it. fukcers
Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Unfortunately, no. I am still waiting for my "Service Advisor" to call me back. I think it is going to be a challenge to get anything back at this point and I'm not sure if I have the interest in pursuing it. fukcers

It's a $150 (initial retail price) that they took from you. If I were you, I'd be kicking down the dooor and asking for it back.

Quick Reply: Dealer B.S. re: mtec V2