E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A couple of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i Sports Pkg Titanium Silver on Black SMG HUD

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right section if it isn't please feel free to move this to the appropriate section.

anyways, the questions i have are, can the SMG be tunned somehow by the dealer, the shifts are very jerky and overall the transmission is VERY rough in the gear changes in both "Normal" and "Sport" modes. secondly, I saw the post in the FAQ section about the HUD, i really have a tough time seeing it clearly, the image seems to get distorted on the windsheild, i.e if you close one eye it's slightly brighter and on an angle and if you close the other eye it looks dim and fuzzy, overall this means that the display appears fuzzy and almost annoying to look at a lot of the time and i find myself turning it off cause it buggs my eyes, since i find myself having to almost cross my eyes to see it properly. can anythingg be done about this, if so what do i ask the dealership to do?? also i saw that it is possible to adjust the height of the display, i am 6'7" so i find that to look at the display i have to almost take my eyes off the road almost as much as i would need to, to see the speedo or tach. if i slouch a fair bit down it the seat, the display issues, in terms of clearity and the height seems to get better but that is not a good way to be driving the vehicle and can prove uncomfortable on long journeys. any and all help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Silver Gray, Automatic, Navigation, Heads Up Display; Premium Package, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound System 2003 M3, Dakar Yellow, SMG

Originally Posted by 530i SMG' post='231842' date='Jan 30 2006, 05:58 AM
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right section if it isn't please feel free to move this to the appropriate section.

anyways, the questions i have are, can the SMG be tunned somehow by the dealer, the shifts are very jerky and overall the transmission is VERY rough in the gear changes in both "Normal" and "Sport" modes.
You may find that the jerkiness will go away if you let off the gas slightly as you upshift -- not unlike what you do with a regular manual trans.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

For the HUD, you can adjust the level but I was told by my dealer that you can only move it by half an inch either way and I think they quoted me over $300 to do it.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

HUD adjustment info:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=20637
Old 02-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Sports Pkg Titanium Silver on Black SMG HUD

thanks for the reply's guys,

i will look into the hud adjustment stuff thaks

i usually find that the jerkyness is mostly on takeoff like at a stoplight if im in sport say, if i give it gas, the car will make it look like one of those people trying to learn standard, normal mode is pretty much the same, a bit less jerky but still jerky none the less, i have tried letting my foot off the gas slightly as well as holding it in place and it makes no difference, in fact i almost go so far as to say it's worse when i let off the gas, i really dont know whats up and may need to take it to the dealer to have them hook it up and play with it, that's what my service advisor suggested. also it seems like you guys are getting CIP upgrades a lot faster than we are, is that a cdn thing vs. us or is the dealer skimping on me?