E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Couple of my recent mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The side skirts make a big difference! Off to a good start.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by MENACE_E60
The side skirts make a big difference! Off to a good start.
Thanks again!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530iA 04

Since ther`s a Alpina front, i would suggest Alpina Dynamic wheels (made for X3 ET 47)
Couple of my recent mods-alpina_dynamic_1.jpg
Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

try to get alpina wheels. they look LOVELY!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by protams
Since ther`s a Alpina front, i would suggest Alpina Dynamic wheels (made for X3 ET 47)
Attachment 103781

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
try to get alpina wheels. they look LOVELY!
I've looked into these wheels, but they are way too heavy, will not look big enough in 19in, and are too rare and expensive to be anywhere near practical. Or attainable, for that matter. Thanks, but I don't think I'll be going with these, even though I love how they look on the E60.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi

V, the car looks great. The sides really do make a HUGE difference.

As to wheels, it's so hard to say, since everyone likes something different. I do have a potential solution for you though - simply by 3 or 4 sets so you can change depending on mood

All kidding aside, if the Alpina wheels could fit, I think it would suit the look that you're going for, which I can only describe as executive sport (not too aggressive, but not too laid back - somewhere in the middle).

Good luck with rest of the mods.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Looking good!

The Alpina look in AW look great IMHO. I agree what you wrote about the Alpina rims in 19", they need to be in 20" ... and that spells more weight and lots of $ I think the BBS LM look works well with the Alpina spoilers. Now obviously those are pretty pricey, but there is a VMR wheel (91x?) which looks pretty similar to the BBS LM style. Not sure if it has the right offsets for the X model though.

What happended with the 335i?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krusty Clown
V, the car looks great. The sides really do make a HUGE difference.

As to wheels, it's so hard to say, since everyone likes something different. I do have a potential solution for you though - simply by 3 or 4 sets so you can change depending on mood
Then I'd have to buy another 2-3 E60's, just so that I have something to throw the wheels on when I'm not using them on this car and stuff...

and Skee-lo says:
"...I wish I baller..."

Originally Posted by Krusty Clown
All kidding aside, if the Alpina wheels could fit, I think it would suit the look that you're going for, which I can only describe as executive sport (not too aggressive, but not too laid back - somewhere in the middle).

Good luck with rest of the mods.
Yes, I'm going for a more of a "grand touring sedan" look, than a full out M5 wannabe - IMHO it matches the car's character better, since - let's face it - this ain't no race car. It is plenty fast for me (handling is another story ), so I just wanted to give it the finished look that was lacking with the stock pre-lci front and sides.

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Looking good!

The Alpina look in AW look great IMHO. I agree what you wrote about the Alpina rims in 19", they need to be in 20" ... and that spells more weight and lots of $ I think the BBS LM look works well with the Alpina spoilers. Now obviously those are pretty pricey, but there is a VMR wheel (91x?) which looks pretty similar to the BBS LM style. Not sure if it has the right offsets for the X model though.

What happended with the 335i?
I'd like to avoid making the car look 100% like an Alpina. It just isn't one, and I don't want to kid anyone here - especially myself Besides, I kind of feel that Alpina B5, as it looks "stock", is not a particularly finished look. I could at some point in the future think about getting these Alpina wheels for a winter set though

The BBS LM look on Alpina is really gorgeous, but it has been done (I'm guessing we've seen the same photos on this forum ) - and done in AW too. There are some inexpensive replicas of the LMs that are made by a pretty reputable wheel manufacturer - I don't remember if its VMR though. But that's not where I'd like to go with this car.

I would like to go somewhere more modern with the wheels - no lip, concave, spokes out to the brims to maximize the look of the 19s. Another thing: I don't want to go conventional silver on the 19s. I'm thinking to do a color that's sort of half-way between OEM silver and gunmetal, with textured matte finish. I think the concavities in wheels, if used in just the right offsets, would visually "interact" (or whatever ) with the shapes of the wheel arches - which I happen to love on all BMWs, especially, the E60.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

do the BMW Performance type 269 fit on the X models? It should do, because a friend of mine has them on his E90. What about this rim? I haven't seen that on an E60 yet, only on the BMW car configurator. It has the same kind of finish as the M6 M167 rim.

Couple of my recent mods-p1000178.jpg
Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

very, this website made me fall in love with white cars.

Quick Reply: Couple of my recent mods