E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Could this be true??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i

During my installation of my HID fog light kit, I had my headlights removed. I noticed that there was only one bulb accessible, my low beam bulb.

Oh, yeah, I should mention I have an 08 550. That bulb was labeled an H8. It looked as though this was the bulb that illuminated my halo's.

I didn't see ANYTHING else that could or would come out. If I am wanting to upgrade my angel eyes to whitish, it seems a little to easy that that is the bulb to change.

When I look at the AngeliBright kit on line, I don't see anything that looks like the Cylindrical bulb they show. I have also watched that video on Youtube that is circulating around. In that video, he removes low beam bulb and then removes and replaces another bulb for the halo's.

Is is possible that things changed for the 08's and all I have to do is swap out that H8 bulb? Do they make an H8 bulb that is whitish in color rather than the OEM yellowish look?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

If that's the case why is AIB takng so long with their LCI version to come out . Did you leave the bulb out, turn the lights on and see what wasn't on? Keep us posted.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='622459' date='Jul 12 2008, 11:41 PM
If that's the case why is AIB takng so long with their LCI version to come out . Did you leave the bulb out, turn the lights on and see what wasn't on? Keep us posted.

That is a good point. I will try tomorrow and pass along.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by TX-T.Silver' post='622461' date='Jul 12 2008, 09:43 PM
That is a good point. I will try tomorrow and pass along.
Sounds good, GL...
Old 07-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

it would seem this member just switched a light bulb to change the AE color on his LCI...but had some complications...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=58152&hl=
Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Senior Members

Ive done it before. It was a $35 mod- Thunder GP lighting or something. It's an H8 bulb and only takes 10 mins. Problem is that it's not very bright. It looks white but is nowhere near as bright as the stock intensity. AFter having it on for a day, I switched back to stock halos.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Is there a way to keep the AE's as bright as they are during parking light/drl mode in headlights option...

(sorry, I know a bit off topic, did not mean to jack the thread)
Old 07-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i Black Sapphire, Sports Package, Premium Package, Anthracite Headliner, VMR 714 20x8.5 wheels, Moonroof, StoneX, Xenons, Heated Seats, Sirius, IPOD/USB, Chrome Valentine One!

This is what I purchased from JLevi.com

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/BMW-E60-5-...oduct_info.html

It was definitely an easy bulb to replace, did both in about 3 min total lol.
That was the Angle Eye Bulb you can read about it on link above.
The Only recommendation I give, is DONT touch the bulb with your bare hands/fingers, use a soft cloth or something similar. Something to do with the oils on our skin affecting the bulb life.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by troybal' post='622503' date='Jul 13 2008, 12:37 AM
This is what I purchased from JLevi.com

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/BMW-E60-5-...oduct_info.html

It was definitely an easy bulb to replace, did both in about 3 min total lol.
That was the Angle Eye Bulb you can read about it on link above.
The Only recommendation I give, is DONT touch the bulb with your bare hands/fingers, use a soft cloth or something similar. Something to do with the oils on our skin affecting the bulb life.
Can you comment on the brightness of the bulb?? Like the responses above, is this a bulb that is more white in appearance, but also much dimmer?

I would like to get a bulb that is more white but don't want a bulb that can only see at night.

I had put Hoen bulb in my old M3 fog (I think it was a Xenonmatch). May look into that option.

Only problem, I have seen. Many times these bulbs aren't THAT different than the stock color.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I have the same issue. It is one of the changes that BMW made to the LCI model. AIB is creating a mod for this that will illuminate just like the LED's do. They do offer the H8 upgrade while the New version for the LCI's are being made. They say that the prototype is looking promising. Also the mod is bigger than the normal LED mod and will be made of some type of flexible material that you can insert in with the bulb.

Anymore updates would be appreciated.

Tony

Quick Reply: Could this be true??