E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Converting LCI Halogen to OEM Xenon lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 11:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

Sorry for bringing this up, i am sure it has been discussed over and over and over.

But is there a way i can retrofit OEM Xenon lights on my 2008 LCI Halogen?

Would appreciate a solution
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Since you have projector already, why don't you just get a HID kit? Much easier without the headaches.
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Since you have projector already, why don't you just get a HID kit? Much easier without the headaches.
+1
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:48 AM
Contributors

BMW actually sells care w/o Xenon? I thought it was standard?
Old 07-27-2010 | 01:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Nope. Not standard. It's like a $800-1200 option depending on the model. It's expensive cuz the eyes actaully swivel/turn in the same direction you are turning to give you better light.
Old 07-27-2010 | 01:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by 530dE60
+1
Much cheaper alternative indeed. But you still won't have the "Active" part which mean the eyes won't move in the direction you are turning.
Old 07-27-2010 | 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
Much cheaper alternative indeed. But you still won't have the "Active" part which mean the eyes won't move in the direction you are turning.
Actually, adaptive is another option as well. So it's xenon + adaptive to get the moving lights.
Old 07-27-2010 | 02:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

that is exactly why i want the OEMs, to be able to get the xenon+adaptive, the problem is the dealer says it cant be done,

and unfortunately, the model that comes with xenon's is also a 525i but is 10,000 USD more expensive for xenons, comfort access, cd changer, and logic 7.

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Egypt_525i
that is exactly why i want the OEMs, to be able to get the xenon+adaptive, the problem is the dealer says it cant be done,

and unfortunately, the model that comes with xenon's is also a 525i but is 10,000 USD more expensive for xenons, comfort access, cd changer, and logic 7.

The dealer is right. The adaptive part cannot be retrofitted. The cheapest alternative is to mount an HID kit into your existing Halogen projector lights as others have mentioned!
Old 07-28-2010 | 05:04 AM
Members

my issue with an aftermarket HID is the quality of the kit, impact on the car's systems, and workmanship...

can i not retrofit the xenon head lamps without the adaptive part?

Quick Reply: Converting LCI Halogen to OEM Xenon lights