E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Comfort Seat Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I just found perfect set of comfort seats just for 1500 EUR for all of them. It is from some wrecked car but those seats are undamaged. What do you guys think? Should I go for it if the seats are totaly ok? Is it even possible to retrofit? Will dealer do it for me? Any other electronics will be needed? Now I have semi-electric, regular heated leather seats.....
Old 08-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

i have no idea. it seems a bit complicated...
sry for not be to any help
Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Senior Members

I don't think that should be a problem. The comfort seat got all the buttoms and motors on itself, the seat only wants power (12V) and some power for the seat heating (if the comfortseats are heatet seat?)...

Did that make any sense ?

BTW: The comfortseats rocks! Gotta go out an and wash our car
Old 08-03-2005, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I've PM'ed you.

I wouldn't do it!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Don't forget someone was sitting in that seat when the car was wrecked (unless it's from a James Bond film set? ) . Seats are also known for breaking even if no one is sitting in them and there is a collision, and quite a lot of stress is applied to vital parts of the structure.

I remember when our Polo was rear-ended, both front seatbacks broke and were pushed back quite a bit. Even though it's a Polo, this shows how much energy is applied to the seats in a collision.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:05 AM
I just found perfect set of comfort seats just for 1500 EUR for all of them. It is from some wrecked car but those seats are undamaged. What do you guys think? Should I go for it if the seats are totaly ok? Is it even possible to retrofit? Will dealer do it for me? Any other electronics will be needed? Now I have semi-electric, regular heated leather seats.....
[snapback]155594[/snapback]
I'm sure it's no problem to change them. They are attached with bolts to the frame or shouls one say chassi.
For example, my leather seats are done after buing the car, and I asked the guy who did them, if he removes the seats for releathering them and he said yes.
He has done maybe 10 E60 already.

But as paasan said there is a risk that the seats are not in mint condition, technically, after a crash.

Do you know how bad the accident was and what damage occured?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would you think if the driver seat was belonged to the dead person? "Sixth sense"
Old 08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

The only way for me is to go and check the seats. Maybe they will not be from crash car, it may be engine blow up car, 360? on wet crash to pavements... who knows. As far as I know in germany they do not repair new and expensive cars, the labor is too expensive they rather get new car That is why many people from eastern europe buy "slightly" crashed cars (bodywork) from germany and repair themselves for cheap good deal.
... not for me. anyway.

the guy who sells those has 3 sets of comfort seats including back seats of course, he is in Germany in Karlsruhe so if anyone around want to check them out for us? Iceman.... Kigerka.....
Old 08-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

"Welcome to Poland. Your car is already here." Need I say more?

There are also lots of eastern Europeans that come to e.g. Norway and bring home wonderful, new BMWs, Volvos, MBs etc Some of them wind up on the streets of Moscow or Sarajevo - others are disassembled and sold on eBay!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Wouldn't it be easier to have butt implant surgury?

Quick Reply: Comfort Seat Retrofit